Livelihood Technician : Detail
- Company: Mahila Atma Nirbharata Kendra
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Melamchi Municipality-11,Sindhupalchok
- Agriculture / Horticulture
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Mahila Atmanirbharata Kendra (MANK) a Nepalese NGO is implementing "Nepal Earthquake Recovery Program’’ - project in Sindhupalchok District in Partnership with OXFAM.MANK works on WASH, Livelihood, Shelter/Infrastructure, Gender and Protection. MANK invites application from qualified and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position:
Livelihood Technician( Enterprise Development Facilitator-1, Agriculture Facilitator-1)
Organization :Mahila Atmanirbharata Kendra (MANK)
Category : Enterprise Development Facilitator-1, Agriculture Facilitator-1
Posted Date : 16 May 2018
Job Type : Full Time
Job Level : Mid
Salary : Salary and benefits for the above post are as per organization rule.
Experience : Diploma level (preferably Bachelor) in social science/ agriculture /enterprise development with minimal 2 years of experience in livelihood promotion
Educational : Diploma in Agriculture/Social Science/Enterprise Development
Apply Before : 25 May 2018
- Prior experience of working in cooperative, agricultural and livestock producer groups and enterprise promotions
- Prior working experience in business plan development of cooperatives and SMMEs and facilitation on vocational training course provided by CTEVT.
- Good social mobilization, motivation and community sensitization skills
- Knowledge in on farm and off farm enterprise development
- Strong planning, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Good communication, reporting and documentation skills
- Self management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work independently as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Support livelihood team in assessment and designing of livelihood interventions in integrated settlement sites and host communities
- Formation, strengthening, technical backstopping, regular supervision of producer groups
- Lead on business plan preparation of cooperatives and small medium and micro enterprises (SMME), vocational trainee, agriculture producer group
- Identification of alternative source of livelihood and assist for conduction of vocational and skill development trainings
- Beneficiary selection, verification and approval from local authority
- Responsible for implementation of all FSL interventions at field level with maintain quality on time.
- Establish a good relationship with other thematic members of the different team to integrate the issues related to FSL and work closely with other thematic member for integration with other component like Wash, gender and protection, shelter and DRR.
- Establish and maintain good coordination with local authorities like rural municipality/ municipality, DCC as well as line FSL thematic line agencies (Agriculture, livestock, enterprise) under RM and Municipality
- Organize coordination meeting with cooperatives, producer group meeting, entrepreneur’s meeting at regular interval
- Regular visit to cooperatives, producer groups and group enterprises for tracking their progress, identify issues and discuss among team for way out.
- Perform post distribution monitoring activities in coordination with meal team
- Support FSL Officer and Program Coordinator in project planning and implementation as requirements
- Prepare monthly field plan, monthly reporting
- Collect, develop and share success stories to FSL officer on regular basis
- Make arrangement for field visit and verification by Oxfam, Donor, district stakeholders and management.
- Support in linkages and networking of producer groups, enterprises with market actors and other financial service provider
- Support to line manager for preparing regular programme reports through updating and tracking the regular reports (both narrative and financial).
- Manage field issues at field level in coordination and guidance of line manager.
- Any other task delegated by Line Manager.
Interested Nepalese citizens meeting the above criteria are requested to send application with updated CV, Photocopy of testimonials and other required document and photo to email@example.com or directly hand delivery to MANK head office Melamchi Municipality -11, Sindhupalchok (Melamchi) by 25th May 2018.
Minimum 2 reference and hisher contact details is necessary. Only short listed candidate will be called for the further selection process (es).
MANK is an equal opportunity provider; we encourage applying by the women, dalits, marginalized people and People with disabilities.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further process. Women and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.