- Company: Business & Finance Consulting
- Industry: Financial Service
- Address: Max-Högger-Strasse 6 CH-8048 Zürich Switzerland
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Junior Consultant (development finance)
Business & Finance Consulting (BFC) (www.bfconsulting.com) combines first-rate international consulting expertise with local know-how and a passion to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. Our hardworking team is dedicated to excellence and to making financial markets work deploying the most optimal and tailored solutions.
With over 170 completed projects under our belt across 69 different countries, this is an exciting time to join our steadily expanding team! We are looking for highly motivated young professionals to join BFC as Junior Consultant and to support the implementation of our on-going and upcoming projects. This is a “trampoline” for those who want to become experts in international development banking.
- Side-by-side work with small and large teams of Senior Development Finance Consultants
- On-the-job coaching and mentoring
- First-hand experience in donor-funded projects
- Exposure to different countries and cultures
- In-the-field, practical experience in working directly with project beneficiaries
- Flexibility (remote work, traveling, results-based assessment)
- Practical project management experience
Career growth opportunities:
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about emerging markets
- Hone your analytical and research skills
- Master the ability to present the data in a visually compelling way
- Meet influencers in the development world, attend global conferences, and build a powerful network
- Learn how to mould international practices to local realities
- Work with local banks and microfinance institutions, as well as international donor organisations. Learn how they function, understand their roles in local and global economy, identify opportunities for their further development, and contribute together to the advancement of financial inclusion
This is a full-time position. Initially, the Junior Consultant will join our on-going project in Nepal and therefore will be based in Kathmandu. Regional travel is envisioned. Eventual relocation to other countries is possible, once he/she is involved in other projects.
- Advise banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) in the area of rural finance
- Support introduction ofnew financial products for farmers, agribusinesses, and MSMEs (micro, small, and medium enterprises)
- Support development of value chain finance schemes
- Analyse credit process and products of partner banks, recommend improvements
- Support development or adjust credit analysis tools for partner banks
- Advise on the implementation of innovative delivery channels
- Support development of marketing strategy and toolkits in partner banks
- Support development/adjustment and rollout of environmental and social risk management guidelines and tools in partner banks
- Support implementation of strategy on capacity building for MSMEs
- Conduct research, write reports, and prepare presentations
- Conduct training for banks’ and MFIs’ staff
- Maintain communication and foster relationships with project stakeholders
- Other tasks related to successful implementation of the projects
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Economics, or related fields
- Prior experience in working for a donor organization, governmental institution or NGOs, including internships and volunteer work, is an advantage
- Strong analytical and writing skills (this will be tested)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High motivation to work in rural and MSME finance
- Flexibility to travel across Nepal including rural areas
- Excellent command of English; Nepali is desired
We are looking for highly motivated, proactive and result oriented professionals. Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and a cover letter online at https://bfconsulting.com/about/vacancies/.
The deadline for applications is October 22, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your application!