- Company: Heifer Project Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Hattiban
- Expression of Interest
- Please check details below.
- Please check details below.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Heifer Project Nepal
Terms of Reference (TOR) for Providing VAHW training
Heifer Project Nepal has been implementing the USAID-FtF-UF-LSIL funded project “DESIGNING AND EVALUATING INNOVATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SMALLHOLDER FEMALE LIVESTOCK COOPERATIVES IN NEPAL” for the period of four years starting from Oct 2016 till Sept 2020.The project has three specific objectives namely i) Increase feed and forage production through preservation, improved varieties and access to other forage resources for improved livestock productivity, ii) Increase access to markets of meat goats for smallholders in order to improve household income, nutrition, and food security and iii) Increase the percentage of female CAHWs for improved livestock productivity and the reduction of animal disease. For achieving objective 3, and considering the bottleneck for participation of women in 35 days long VAHW training, Heifer Project Nepal has digitized the government approved training course content to test the effectiveness of hybrid digital distance learning (HDDL) training approach with the major focus of reducing the days away from home for trainees also envisioning the skill learning at the institute. The HDDL course will be completed by first 5 days in the training institute making trainees familiar with the course content in tabs, the mid 30days self-learning from the tabs at home and rest 10 days again at institute learning skills and exam.
The Agriculture Information and Training Centre under Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development has approved the hybrid distance learning VAHW training approach on a pilot basis to test its effectiveness in comparison to the traditional mode of training. In these context, Heifer Project Nepal invites application from government approved training institutions to provide VAHW training in both traditional and distance learning mode. Three different eligible training institutions will be selected for providing VAHW training simultaneously.
- The institution should have been recognized and authorized by the government for providing VAHW training
- The institution should have been conducting such training for more than 5 years
- The institution should have their own instructors in different fields of livestock husbandry as demanded by the course content
- The institution should have facilities for accommodation and catering for the trainees
- The institution should have animals for practical purpose preferably animal farm consisting of different domesticated livestock species
- The institute should agree to provide training in both traditional and newly developed digital distance learning mode
- Preference will be given to those institutions which have prior experience of working with Heifer
Scope of Work
- The eligible institutions should prepare and submit technical and financial proposals to provide VAHW training in “traditional training” and “hybrid digital distance learning” training modes
- The financial proposal shall include training fees, training materials, accommodation and food and primary kits that need to be provided to the successful trainees at the end of training.
- The selected institutions shall seek approval from the authority to provide VAHW training in both traditional training and HDDL mode.
- The selected institutions should provide the VAHW training under “traditional Training” as per the standard course curriculum developed and approved by the government. Specific requirement of Heifer Project Nepal should also be incorporated if requested.
- The selected training institutions should also be ready to provide training on hybrid (part distance learning on digital content and practical skill learning training in the institutes as per proposed 5 days-30 days-10 days) training mode.
- The institution should prepare detail study plan for the trainees for a period of 30 days self-study on tab in a hybrid digital distance learning mode
- The institution should provide logistics such as lodging and food to the trainees for the whole training duration under traditional training mode and for the period envisioned in which the trainees are supposed to be in the institutions under ‘hybrid digital distance learning’ mode
- The institutions should deploy a focal person (technical) who will respond to the phone call by the trainees under Hybrid Digital Distance Learning for the period of 1 month and also track the daily progress made by each trainees under this mode of training.
- The training institution should prepare a basic VAHW kits to be provided to the successful trainees
- The training institution should provide detail training report to HPN at the end of course along with copy of certificates provided to the successful trainees
- Should provide feedback on the digital VAHW course content
- Should compiled frequently asked questions by the trainees during the period to be incorporated in the digital content at the end.
- Trained VAHWs
- Training Report
The VAHW training of two batch (hybrid digital distance learning and traditional training/ in succession and concurrent) should be completed by 2 months
Orientation of trainees (25) of Hybrid Digital Distance Learning
Traditional training (25 trainee) including exam and certificate distribution
Skill development practical training to HDDL, exam and certificate distribution
Terms and Conditions for Submission of Quotation
- All VAT/PAN registered(VAT Registered Preferred)
- The supplier should submit the quotation via email by 5:00 PM of 4th April, 2019 to the address as mentioned below
- Heifer International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any/all submitted Quotation without assigning any reason.