- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Baluwatar
- Information Technology
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Request for Applications- Information Technology Officer
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
DAI seeks an Information Technology Officer for the USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link by no later than August 31, 2019: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/oiuh9cdwcn/index.html
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Positions are for Nepal Nationals only.
Detail Scope of Work:
Position: Information Technology Officer
Level of Effort: One Year Full-time, Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension until the close of the project
Period of Performance: on/about October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
The Information Technology (IT) Officer is responsible for managing and responding to all IT needs of the Kathmandu Office, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical consultations to clients. S/he is responsible for ensuring that IT standards set by the DAI home office are followed and project solutions are the most efficient and cost effective. Responsibilities also include assisting in the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of Local Area Networks (LANs) at the project office. S/he is responsible for the setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of client computers and peripherals such as printers and scanners. S/he will ensure that proper back up, anti-virus and disaster recovery procedures are identified and followed and that end users have access to shared files, printers and to email.
- Manage IT and communications equipment, network and information systems, and security, including communication links in the program office;
- Advise in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the IT infrastructure;
- Local network maintenance and installation including cabling, switches/hubs and NIC configuration, TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP;
- Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, Windows 2008 server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, Lotus Domino and messaging system, FTP services, Antivirus Protection Corporate edition installation and maintenance;
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services);
- Client computer hardware and application installation and configuration, maintenance. Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows XP, MS Office Pro, Lotus Notes and other mail clients, Symantec AV and other project software;
- Manage requests to Home Office SysAdmin for new user accounts and TAMIS access;
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all IT technical equipment;
- Advise in procurement process and assist with IT Inventory;
- 5+ years of experience in the field of information technology; experience on donor-funded programs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; IT certifications a plus
- Experience with administration and maintenance of computers, servers, and software, in addition to HelpDesk troubleshooting in an office environment
- Experience with databases and information systems; experience with mobile technology a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a customer-service attitude
- Fluency in English is required.
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting:
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The IT Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Manager. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
“Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply”