- Company: British Council
- Industry: Education
- Address: P.O.Box. 640
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Location: Nepal | Contract Duration 2+1 | Pay band 7
The British Council is recruiting for a Head of English and Education to provide senior leadership for the pursuit, delivery and strategic development of our Education and EES (English for Education Systems) portfolio in Nepal.
The post holder will work with the Country leadership, Regional Directors of Education and English, regional and global teams to lead the portfolio at a country level, contributing to country and regional objectives and performance.
- Lead the Education & English portfolio in Nepal to achieve business objectives of sustainability and business growth
- Be accountable for setting and meeting ambitious country growth targets guaranteeing high quality delivery and impact of all related programmes/contracts whilst ensuring they are sustainable/profitable and meet or exceed client requirements
- Lead the pursuit and delivery of contracts within the portfolio in line with the strategic focus for Nepal
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Business development
- Business Delivery / Risk Management and Compliance
- Relationship & stakeholder management
- Commercial & resource management
- Leadership and Knowledge Management
What we're ideally looking for in the successful candidate:
Among other things, experience of the successful planning, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of large scale development projects
You will be entitled to a mobility package if you are moving countries. Please see the role profile for more details on relocation support.
If you are interested in applying, please see the Link below for further information:
External Link for External Candidate: goo.gl/mxnZ7f
In your application form, please clearly explain how you meet the essential and desirable skills, qualification and experience criteria mentioned in the person specification section of the role profile. This will help us determine your fit for the role and increase your application's chances of success.
UK time: 23:59, 11 June 2018
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.