- Company: Demba Community Development Center
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Siddhicharan-11, Okhaldhunga
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
- Eastern Region
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Demba Community Development Center (DCDC)
Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP)
Demba Community Development Center (DCDC), Okhaldhunga is working with different civil society organizations & networks to implement programs effectively. DCDC, Okhaldhunga is implementing OKHALDHUNGA RECOVERY and RESILIANCE PROGRAMM-ORRP in Okhaldhunga with the partnership of CRS Nepal. DCDC looking for a qualified Finance and Admin Assistant candidate for the ORRP project. Detailed Role and responsibilities are as following:
Post title: Finance Assistant
Duty Location: Project office Khjiphalate, Okhaldhunga.
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Officer
Period: To end of Sept 2019 and possible to extension.
Salary & Benefits: Salary benefits and facilities will be as per Demba Community Development Centre (DCDC) Human Resource management policies and agreement between CRS Nepal.
The Finance Assistant will have a strong commitment to finance along with the ability to represent at various levels. She should be highly motivated, flexible, and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. The finance officer primarily is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Project- Restoration of financial services Project on behalf of DCDC. Three main objectives of the activity are (a) Improve livelihood (b) Improving shelter (c) improving the water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in target rural municipality (former VDCs) and wards.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities:
Finance Assistant, who will suuport to finance officer in financial systems in the projects such as: monthly forecast, monthly liquidation report, maintain the financial data base, bank reconciliation, and accounts. The person is also responsible to update the Program team, especially FO, andPM on budget maintenance such as spending and budget balance and if there is any over and under spending. The Finance Assistant will report to Finance Officer and will have working relationship with CRS office finance and operations team as per need. She will be responsible to implement and assist/facilitate the following activities in close coordination with project related staffs as per the agreement between DCDC Nepal and CRS:
Key responsibility of Finance Assistant:
- Collect & file and all invoices for proper documentation.
- Support finance officer& Grants team for execution of effective and efficient day-to-day financial management of ORRP Project.
- Support finance officer to prepare fund transfer to vendors, staffs and others through Bank.
- Update and enter the vendor profile, prepare transfer, making batch and send all the signed/authorized payment to bank.
- Collect all types of vouchers and finance related documents, get approval from authorized officials for payment.
- Support finance officer to effectively maintain all financial tasks like preparing voucher, the general ledger and the books of accounts of the program.
- Petty Cash handling on close coordination of operation staffs.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial report and submit it to Finance officer.
- Calculation of VAT, Tax and other deduction to deduct from the source while making payment.
- Support in managing the process of the Internal Audit and Annual Audit.
- Support in the accurate accounting and reporting of financial transactions as per the operational manual, policy and procedures.
- Support Admin/IT/HR to update leave records of allstaff’sleaveand inform them as per their request.
- Support Admin/IT/HR to collect and update time sheet of all staffs.
- Support program staffs in logistics management of field implemented activities.
- Any other task as per Organization needs.
Skills and Experiences:
- Plus 2 in Finance/Management with two year experience in related field or Bachelor degree in Finance/Management with one year experience.
- Familiar with financial & administrative management and internal control system
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Word & Excel, Power point)
- Competent in Nepali and English typing
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Willing to travel remote areas as and when required to working areas.
Interested candidates meeting above criteria are requested to submit application along with recently updated CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.00 PM in 15th July 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Female, Dalit, Janajati and Candidate from local area are meeting above experiences, skills, qualification/subject and criteria are highly encouraged to apply.