- Company: ADRA Nepal
- Industry: Health Care
- Address: sanepa, lalitpur
- Finance & Administration
- Full Time
- 10+ years
- MBA / MBM
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Date of Publication: 13 March 2019
ADRA works in more than 130 countries around the world and is working in Nepal since 1987 with its Health interventions, Livelihood, Education and Disaster Risk Management activities.
ADRA Nepal is seeking an experienced and competent professional to work as a Finance & Administration Director and invites application from the interested candidates. This is a senior position. This position is responsible for managing and strengthening overall financial system and administration of the organization.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for an efficient and effective finance management system which meet the National and International accounting standard;
- Familiar with various donor regulations (especially USAID, EC and DFID) ensuring that all Projects and the Administration sectors have properly followed them;
- Responsible for providing quality financial and audit reports to internal management as well as to donors and other stakeholders as per agreements;
- Responsible for developing and/or reviewing the Project and Administration budgets;
- Excellent in accounting software especially Sun system (added advantage) and spreadsheets
- Responsible for training the finance and program team and partners on financial management;
- Coordinating with donors, other stakeholders and with various department/project teams throughout the country office regarding financial management information.
- Understanding of HR functions and principles as well as administration and logistic systems
- Master in Business and Administration (MBA) with major in finance or equivalent, CA/ACCA an added advantage;
- More than 10 years of professional experience in relevant area with similar responsibilities (experience in an INGO is preferable)
- Good understanding of international accounting and finance management standards and INGO/NGO financial systems
- Ability to make consistent decisions
- Organized and systematic approach
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Familiar with Nepal Government rules and regulations on tax/VAT etc.
- Ability to organize a team of finance and operations in coordination with other departments and Program Director, strong interpersonal communication and coordination skill
- Good command in written and spoken English and Nepali
Duty station: Country Office, Kathmandu with field visit.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to submit written application (application should include: a cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position described above, and a full resume /curriculum vitae). The detail ToR and a complete Job Application Form is available at ADRA Nepal’s webpage http://adranepal.org/
Applications should be forwarded either by the post to ADRA Nepal P.O. Box 4481, Kathmandu or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 March 2019.
ADRA Nepal is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for further screening process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.