- Company: Build Change
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Sanepa
- Engineering - Civil
- Fresh Graduate
- B.E. in Civil
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Build Change is seeking engineering Trainees to participate in its technical assistance and training programs in Nepal. We offer an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in design, supervision and project management in international disaster response/disaster risk reduction programs. Build Change is flexible for the term and start date of the Traineeship, but requires a minimum six months’ commitment
- Develop a thorough understanding of the existing structural engineering design resources, and of those developed by Build Change, for use in Nepal.
- With local staff, aid in the application of these resources to provide technical assistance to homeowners to design safe houses, supervise construction, and train builders in disaster-resistant construction practices.
- Check design documents, drawings, bills of quantity, and construction inspection checklists.
- Assist in solving problems and generating solutions in the field for special cases.
- Assist with the development of Build Change technical resources.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training for local engineers, architects, drafters, and other technical staff.
- Promote good communication between the technical group and other departments within Build Change.
- At least 3 years of study toward a bachelor‐level degree in engineering at a reputable institution.
- Recent graduates and Master’s candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Interest in earthquake‐resistant design and construction of masonry, concrete and timber buildings.
- A basic understanding of good construction practices and the principles of earthquake- and wind-resistant construction. Familiarity with international building codes and guidelines, such as the IBC, ASCE 7, ASCE 41, ACI 318, NDS for wood construction, ACI 530, etc. is a plus.
- Good communication skills and excellent teamwork abilities.
- Willingness to work in informal, dense urban or remote rural communities.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Revit.
- No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
- Proficiency in English is a plus.
To Apply go to below link and follow instruction: