- Company: Bagmati Welfare Society Nepal(BWSN)
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Harion Municipality-11, Sarlahi
- 2+ years
- B.P.H. (Bachelors in Public Health)
- Terai Region
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Bagmati Sewa Samaj Nepal
First Publish Date:- 06 November 2019
Bagmati Welfare society Nepal (BWSN) is a local non-governmental organization established in Sarlahi district in 1995 AD with registration no. 65/2051 in District Administration Office (DAO), Sarlahi. It is also affiliated to Social Welfare Council (SWC) with registration no 13303 and NGO Federation Nepal. It is also institutionally associated with Human Right and Social Justice Forum–Nepal, NANGAN-Nepal NGO coordination committee, Sarlahi and Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) network. BWSN is primarily working for protecting and promoting human rights of marginalized, disadvantaged and vulnerable communities through developing their leadership and advocacy skills to claim their rights and engage in human rights promotion activities. BWSN has already implemented social and economic empowerment projects targeted to empowering marginalized and vulnerable communities especially women and girls (including to victims Gender Based Violence (GBV)) , Dalits, disadvantaged Madhesi and Muslim communities, single and pregnant women, differently able and elderly persons and other conflict victims for protecting and promoting their rights.
BWSN has implemented some projects related to increasing access to education to marginalized population such as Muslim and Terai Dalit. Since its establishment, BWSN has been implementing many projects related to Human Rights, Education, Social and Economic Empowerment, Water, Sanitation and Hygienic (WASH), Agriculture, Environment, Micro-Enterprise Development, Natural Resource Management, Public Health, Community Infrastructure etc. targeted to improve socio economic and human rights situation of poor, marginalized and vulnerable communities living in rural areas of Province No. 2 of Nepal.
Position: District Project Officer
Name of the Project: Tuberculosis Project
Funding Agency:-GF/Save the Children
No of position: 1 (one)
Duty Station: Siraha district of province-2
Key role of position holder:
Support National Tuberculosis Program; detection of TB cases as per the national protocol, ensure enrollment of identified cases for treatment service and ensure optimum treatment outcome in the district. Support government health facility and local government (palika) in accordance fulfilling compliance of BWSN/Save the children US / Global Fund.
A.Team/human resource management
- Prepare and submit monthly work log (plan and progress) on timely to line manager.
- Abide with all the zero tolerance policies of organization (Child safeguarding, Anti-harassment policy, anti-fraud breviary &corruption policy, code of conduct).
- Assign program related task and follow up ORWs.
- Recommend for leave and travel of subordinates.
- Accomplishmonthly performance evaluation of ORWs and conduct onsite coaching to enhance capacity of team members in district.
B. Supervision and monitoring for quality service of TB program.
- Conduct regular supervision of linked HFs to ensure quality of service in field.
- Follow up volunteer mobilization at selected hospitals for screening malnourished children.
- Ensure quality of presumptive-TB sputum, positive case enrollment for treatment, DR-TB management, Childhood-TB management as per National tuberculosis management guideline.
- Ensure contact tracing through household visit of at least 10% households.
- Update and maintain district health mapping in the given template.
C. Program & financial planning and review of program result
- Analyze monthly target vs achievement and develop strategic plan to meet target of district.
- Be accountable for financial means in district and recommend advance for ORWs.
- Program activities progress reporting to Team Leader.
- Collection and compilation of health facility wise report and ensure submission of OPMIS reporting on time.
- Ensure financial supporting documents and submit financial report to BWSN on time.
- Ensure TB cases entry through HMIS in palika.
- Support and ensure functionality of TB diagnostic labs.
- Ensure functionality of laboratory services for TB and timely requisition and supply of logistics.
D. Program coordination & advocacy to get more TB case and treatment
- Maintain cordial coordination with Palika, HFs, TB focal points and other stakeholders for smooth implementation of project in district.
- Aware HFs/Palika on TB related activities and allocated budget inRed book, Facilitation and regular follow up for initiation and seek possibility of mutual support.
- Coordinate to other programs like PLHIV, PWIDs, diabetics, nutrition, poverty, MNCH, old age home etc to initiate TB screening.
- Advocate with palika for finding the missing TB cases to meet the vision of TB free palika
Required qualification for the position:
Bachelor’s in public health with at least 2 years of relevant experience or Bachelor in any other field with Health Assistant, staff nurse background and at least 3 years of relevant experience. Working experience in TB program is desirable.
- Excellent communication and coordination skill, adap Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multitasking and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality, within tight timelines and capacity to priorities activity.
- High level of integrity.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language.
- Good report writing skill.
- Having two-wheeler driving license.
All interested candidates are requested to submit their educational documents scan copy with curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as"Application for the position of District project officer" to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of vacancy published.
Note: All right are reserved into recruitment committee for accept or reject the vacancy.
BWSN adheres Child Safeguarding Policy with high importance and commits rigorous procedure to ensure all our personnel and program are safe for children. All candidates will be, therefore, subject of strict background