- Company: Terre des hommes Foundation, Nepal Office
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Bluebird Complex, Tripureshwor
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terre des hommes foundation (Tdh) Lausanne is a child protection focused Swiss INGO that has been active in Nepal for 32 years. Tdh Nepal delegation is seeking qualified and dynamic Nepali residents for the position of Development & Fundraising Intern.
Position Title: Development & Fundraising Intern
Reporting to: Training and Development Coordinator
Work Station: Kathmandu
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Study and mapping of funding organizations relevant to Tdh programmes
- Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Study existing materials related to donors available in Tdh Nepal delegation
- Search funding organizations through Google, other websites and available means
- Prepare and update the database of donors in the given format
- Search and prepare a summary of requirements of multilateral or bilateral donors
- Consult with thematic staff of Tdh to discuss about existing donors and possible donors
- Support for writing funding proposal, if applicable
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Required at least Master’s degree in social science, development studies or related subject, interested candidates studying MPhil or Ph.D. in development studies or related subject also are eligible to apply. Women candidate are given priority.
Skills and Experience:
- Completed masters in development studies, international cooperation or equivalent, or studying M.Phil. or Ph.D. can apply
- Having confirmed experience of working in I/NGO and knowledge about various donors, an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer efficiency in MS office (word, excel), email, internet search, Google drive etc.
- Self-motivation, resourceful, autonomous worker with sense of initiatives and learning attitude
- Interested to develop a career in the development sector especially in international development, fundraising and grant management etc.
- 2-3 three months. Part time can be negotiated but at least 20-30 hours per week is expected.
Deadline to receive applications (Closing Date): June 5th, 2018
How to apply:
If you are interested to apply for the position please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/j2LInqKKDe0SPifI2
All employees of Tdh must be willing to adhere to the Tdh child protection and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Terre des hommes Foundation promotes workforce diversity. Women and candidates from minority or disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes Foundation reflect our commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.