- Company: One Heart Worldwide
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: House No. 496, Dhara Marga, Maharajgunj
- Full Time / Contract
- 3+ years
- B.E. in Civil
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Position: Consultant- Sub Engineer
Technical Reporting To: Construction Field Engineer
Management Reporting/Supervision: District Coordinators
Location: Dharan, OHW Eastern Regional Office with frequent field visit 75%
Duration: 3 months
One Heart World-Wide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and Neonatal health for the past ten years. One Heart World-Wide is working in five districts of Nepal with the aiming to scale up the program in 13 eastern-northern districts of Nepal. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential supplies to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and the first months of life.
Facility upgrade and renovation is one of the major activities of OHW in order to increase the access and improve the quality of maternal and newborn health services in rural communities. OHW builds strong tie and engages local health facility management community to ensure the local participation and ownership throughout the construction period and later.
The objective of the Sub - Engineer will be to facilitate, costing assessment and supervise the construction work of birthing centers of OHW program districts: Bhojpur, Taplejung, Panchthar, Terhathum, Sankhuwasabha and Ilam.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Field Construction Engineer, District Coordinators and Health Facility Management committee regarding construction/renovation of the birthing center. (New or existing structure) at OHW working district.
- Assists in supporting to health facility in pricing and exploring construction material, contractor, workman, paintings, plumbing, electrical wiring/lighting etc.
- Ensure the quality and consider the infection prevention factor.
- Develop locally appropriate construction/renovation plan (consider the local weather, culture and availability of local resources).
- Ensure that construction work is as per Drawings, Specifications, Bills of Quantities(BOQs) etc.
- Be a facilitator to HFOMC members to explain them about repair and construction plan.
- Regularly make supportive supervision visits of project’s site, oversee the works and guide the contractors/builders to ensure the quality of the construction
- Provide the Field Progress report (separately for each health facility) of physical progress and submit to CFE.
- Supply decent quality of after and before pictures.
- Perform any other duties related to the scope of the assignment that might arise and as determined by the Supervisor
Expected outputs from the consultancy
- Provide final technical data of the renovation of health facility for final reporting.
- The period of assignment will be for approximate 3 months.
Potential candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Diploma in civil engineering with at least three years’ experiences in related field
- Experience in dealing with government agencies and community members
- Experiences in dealing with Donor Funded Projects will be an advantage
- Skills and knowledge on AUTOCAD, Excel, Word.
- Experienced in renovation work.
- Preparation of BoQ and cost estimation.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, Please click the link:and complete all relevant fields on the online application form then submit your application letter with recent resume by 5:00 PM, 29 April 2018.