- Company: Janahit Gramin Sewa Samittee
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Chautara
- Consulting & Professional Services
- 6+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Hiring a consultant for assessment of integrated settlement sites for Building resilience in communities; survey, analysis and design
On April 25th and May 12th 2015, Nepal was struck by twin earthquakes measuring 7.8 and 7.3 Richter scale respectively, killing 8,857 and injuring 22,309 individuals, and claiming economic loss of approximately $ 10 billion (half of the national Gross Domestic Product). In Sindhupalchowk, JGSS is implementing its earthquake recovery projects supported by Oxfam. The project cover 5 different theme mainly WASH, Livelihood, gender and protection, housing, DRR with MAC as crosscutting. Rescue and emergency efforts immediately after the earthquake assisted different communities to address their needs for food, water and shelter. A sustainable, integrated approach is now needed to address the long-term needs of communities affected by the earthquake.
Livelihood interventions are mainly focused on making lives of affected community resilient through
- Increased production and productivity by improving access to production assets, technology
- Increased access to services (technical, financial and market services) provided at local level
- Development of vocational skills and increase access to employment opportunities
Oxfam funded livelihood interventions are concentrated to integrated settlement sites where beneficiary of integrated settlements along with member of host communities will be supported by livelihood interventions. 4 integrated settlement (Tembathang, Bansbari-Thakle, Selang, Majhigaun) are being developed in this year. In this regard, for making lives of affected communities resilient, it is pivotal for designing long term integrated interventions in settlement sites considering communities knowledge, skills, capabilities, needs, resource endowments, and market opportunities. Hence a comprehensive study of integrated settlement sites will provide road map for fulfilling community needs and sustainable livelihood promotion.
Objectives of the Assignment
Assessment findings will assist programme designer and implementer for designing sustainable livelihood programme. This assessment has following specific objectives
- To offer unique models of sustainable rural development which will be demonstration and training sites for other communities and organizations working to help Nepal recover from the earthquake.
- To provide resources, training and technical support to farmers and small producers to enable diversification of farm activities focused on sustainable practices and organic production.
- To increase human and social capital in the village by investing resources directly into ruralcommunities, engaging business communities and sourcing markets.
- To demonstrate and apply different elements of permaculture, ago forestry, alternative technologies and other sustainable methods.
- To increase biodiversity indicators on farms and in forested areas around the villages.
- To coordinate with other development and humanitarian actors including the Government of Nepal, cluster groups and both international and local organizations.
Scope of Services and Tasks and Activities to be completed
Activities will include, but may not be limited to, the following
- Demographic survey of 3 integrated settlement sites (Selang, Majhigaun and Basnbari)
- Resource mapping
- Communities need assessment (short term, intermediate term and long term)
- Market opportunities analyse
- Explore the areas of interventions (integrated with WASH, housing, livelihood, DRR, gender and protection)
- Community SWOT analysis
- Development of Integrated village design model
- Recommendation of integrated specific interventions with budgeting
The consultant / consulting firm is expected to have the following expertise and experience:
- Lead consultant/consulting firm should have at least 6 years of proven experience working in sector of integrated village development model
- Good understanding on issues related to rural livelihoods, Sustainable agriculture practices,
- Familiar with issues and challenges related sustainable resource management, Market development
- Preference shall be given for those consultant/consulting firm with proven track records of carrying out similar types of assignment
- Strong analytical, documentation and presentation skills
Expected outputs of this constancy services are
- Details assessment report that includes: community resource map, community’s needs, integrated village development design, SWOT analysis, areas of integration with WASH, Livelihood, hosing, DRR, Gender and protection
Reporting Line Manager
This work is to be delivered to theLivelihood officer, JGSS, Sindhupalchowk.
Duration: Start date and completion date
This assignment shall be started no later than 16 of June and completed before July 20, 2018
Terms of Payment
30 % of the total budget payment will be made before start of assignment and remaining 70 % will be paid upon receipt of final report accepted by JGSS and Oxfam.
Documents for submission
- VAT/ PAN registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
- Agreed time sheet of all involved consultants upon completion of project – signed by consultant and hiring manager
- Detailed work plan – agreed by consultant and hiring manager
- Detailed budget sheet with breakdown – agreed by consultant and hiring manager
- Actual invoices to claim for expenses as per mentioned in the contract
Confidentiality / Non disclosure
All material issued in connection with this ToR shall remain the property of JGSS and shall be used only for the purpose of this procurement exercise. All information provided shall be either returned to JGSS or securely destroyed by unsuccessful applicants at the conclusion of the procurement exercise.
During the performance of the assignment or at any time after expiry or termination of the Agreement, the Consultant shall not disclose to any person or otherwise make use of any confidential information which s/he has obtained or may in the course of this agreement relating to JGSS/Oxfam, the respondents or otherwise.
The consultant will be required to sign a non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement as part of their undertaking of this work.
Interested registered Supplier/firms are requested to quote the rate and send their quotation and proposal with all the supporting legal documents in their email subject line by July 13, 2018 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below.
Janahit Gramin Sewa Samittee, Chautara Sangachok Gadhi Municipality-5, Sindhupalchok.
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 011-620435/9841542571