- Company: Rolling Plans Pvt Ltd
- Industry: Consulting
- Address: Bijulibazar, Kathmandu
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Position Objective: Community mobilization and training support for construction of 23,088 houses for earthquake-affected families in the 31 District in Nepal
Position Duration: 1 month to 12 Months renewable
A homeowner driven reconstruction project supporting 23,088 earthquake affected households in 2 municipalities and 8 rural-municipalities of Nuwakot district is being implemented.The project operates offices across the district and provides socio-technical assistance to the identified beneficiaries. The offices monitor construction sites, provide technical packages (drawings + BOQ, etc) and assist the beneficiaries in retrieving their reconstruction grant from the government.
In parallel to this homeowner driven project inNuwakot,a homeowner driven retrofitting project in which homeowners modify their houses to make earthquake-resilient structures without having to reconstruct their entire houses is being implemented in the 31 earthquake affected districts.This structural reinforcement method allows the beneficiaries to preserve heritage architecture and allows homeowners to keep their traditional houses at a lower cost.
Roles, Deliverables & Expected Outputs
Description of Role
- Will reach out to the population to which they are assigned to in order to promote each projects’ objectives.
- Will follow up with government agencies to ensure that grants are paid out to the beneficiaries.
- Will hand hold beneficiaries to ensure that requests to government are complete and eligible.
- Will educate the beneficiaries on the government processes regarding all grants, grievances, reconstruction, retrofitting, etc.
- Will serve as liaison between the field, the central office, and the local government offices.
- Will update data on tablet-based application.
- Motivate and ensure beneficiaries participate in the process of housing construction
- Coordinate and work collaterally with Technical Assistant in implementing housing construction.
- Prepare and submit progress report of housing construction under his/her purview.
- Conduct at least 600 monitoring individual visits each per quarter.
- Ensure that positive messaging is provided to beneficiaries and area population.
- Face to face discussion with beneficiaries regarding the housing construction.Provide documental proof.
- Enroll all project beneficiaries to each project on monitoring system.
- Beneficiaries take ownership of housing units right from the beginning
- Joint efforts to overcome challenges in the field level
- Project team is updated with progress of construction
- Bachelor’s degree with One year or 10+ 2 (Intermediate) with 2 Years’ experience in the field of Community mobilization, capacity building and development.
Work Experience, Language & other Mandatary Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience in working closely with communities for 10+2 ( intermediate)
- At least 1 year of experience in working closely with communities for Bachelor degree.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office 2010 and internet. Ability to maintain various types of documentation in English is required.
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Nepaliis mandatory.
- Planning and reporting; identification of field level issues
- Meeting/ Training management and facilitation skills.
- Liasion and communications; awareness raising.
- Fair knowledge inoperating smart phone and sharing the project informations such as project pictures, georeferencedetc. via mobile messaging Apps is mandatary.