- Company: Aasaman Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Mahalaxmisthan , Lalitpur
- NRs 0 per hour
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
As leading NGO, Aasaman Nepal has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed to protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Since its inception in 1999, ASN has continuously been active in the development of children in terms of education, child rights, health and nutrition and livelihood.
ASN has been implementing Sisters for Sisters' Education Project partnering with VSO Nepal with the financial aid of DFID in Parsa and Dhading districts from 2013 and currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for Phase II (2017-2020) of aforementioned project and other projects.
1.Position: Community Engagement and Leadership Coordinator (CELC)- 1
Duty Station: Project office, Parsa.
- Take lead role in mobilization of Community Mobilizers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly action plan and track implementation of activities as per the action plan
- Mentor, Coach and Monitor Community Mobilizers
- Establish sound relationship, coordination and collaboration with community support agencies such as schools, SMC, PTA, Rural Municipalities and Municipalities
- Ensure effective and quality delivery of project activities in field level
- Contribute on capacity building of project staffs on community mobilization and leadership
- Prepare and facilitate to Social Mobilizes to prepare event and periodic reports
- Develop social leadership skill of Community Mobilizers
- Carry out any other task assigned by immediate Line Manager
Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social work or Sociology
- At least two years working experience in development sector and preferably in Girls Education, mentoring, Child Protection and inclusion.
- Good communication and staff management skill
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office, Microsoft ,Excel and PowerPoint,
2.Position: Accountant/Admin and Finance Officer- 3 Nos
Duty Station: Any district of Province No 2
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures;
- Record the financial transactions and ensure that are authorized and have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements; and financial audits
- Prepare financial reports and statement as per requirement of donor and management and submit to Finance Manager
- Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revision
- Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and processing supplier invoices.
- Preparation of BRS and petty cash day book and report for any variances;
- Maintain consolidated register of capital assets and durable goods;
- Prepare monthly payroll and quarterly reconciliation with the report;
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files, time sheet and the leave register;
- Ensure timely deposit of TDS and CIT/PF and E filing of TDS as per provision of Income Tax Act is done in time.
- Ensure that staff insurance are done and are renewed in time
- Reconciliation of ASN core account with the projects account.
- Check and ensure that all procurement process and expenditures of the project in accordance with the Donor procedure and organization procedure
- Support for development in the strong internal control system to safeguard the assets of the organization and optimum utilization of resources
- Support for conducting project audit, internal audit and statutory audit.
- Documentation/Filing and indexing of the all accounts records in an orderly manner including district records
- Carry out any other administrative/financial assignments as requested by the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, business studies and/or commerce,
- At least 1 years’ experience in admin and financial sector.
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word and preferably Accounting Software is required.
- Prior experience in training would be an asset.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for all the above positions.
Duration: Fixed term till December 2020 (Annual contract basis with three months probation period)
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
Ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal's policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal's code of Conduct with special attention to Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority. Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV by 21st Nov, 2018 via email at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.