- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Kathmandu
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Request for Applications- Communications and Outreach Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
DAI seeks a Communications and Outreach Specialist for the USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link by no later than August 31, 2019: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/oiuh9cdwcn/index.html
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Positions are for Nepal Nationals only.
Detail Scope of Work
Position: Communications and Outreach Specialist
Level of Effort: One Year Full-time, Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of
extension until the close of the project
Period of Performance: on/about October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will develop and execute the project’s overall internal and external communications strategy.
- Develop and execute the project’s overall communications strategy (internal and external) and develop project branding and messaging in line with the project’s Communication Strategy, Branding Strategy, and Marketing Plan
- Support capacity building of local counterparts to effectively communicate with citizens
- Produce Tayar’s reports to inform Tayar’s audience about Tayar activities, objectives, and results, including Monthly Updates, Quarterly Progress Reports, Quarterly Financial Reports, Annual Reports, and the Final Report
- Disseminate and communicate RSLUP benefits at provincial-level conferences
- Supervise the Communication Officer
- University degree in relevant field. Masters preferred
- 12 years of experience in communications for development activities
- Demonstrated understanding and experience employing the principles, methods, practices and techniques of communications and stakeholder coordination for diverse stakeholders including local communities, academia, media, civil society, and government agencies
- Ability to professionally communicate across all levels of an organization and the public
- Skilled in communication strategic thinking and planning
- Understanding of reporting/developing communications products for USAID-funded project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting:
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The Communications and Outreach Specialistreports to the Crosscutting Team Director. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
“Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply”