- Company: Rolling Plans Pvt Ltd
- Industry: Consulting
- Address: Bijulibazar, Kathmandu
- Engineering - Civil
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- B.E. in Civil
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
POSITION OPENING: Civil Engineer – Field Monitoring & Site Supervision
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
A non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes that designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. The enterprise has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 74 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people.
For the position of Civil Engineer, we are seeking a competent engineer for its projects. This position reports to the Lead Structural Engineer.
- Conduct field monitoring of owner-driven housing reconstruction (including of house retrofits).
- Use mobile construction monitoring checklists and collect corroborative pictures through each phase of house construction.
- Help compile weekly construction monitoring reports.
- Liaising and coordinating with local government bodies on technical issues.
- Provide engineering advise and safe construction and advise to local homeowners, builders and partner organizations’ staffs.
- Assist in trainings for engineers, architects, drafters and other technical staff including development of training materials and presentations.
- Assist in solving problems and generating solutions in the field for special cases.
- Assist in controlling quality of information and implementation for projects in Nepal.
- Communicate and report to the management about the progress/issues of projects implemented by Build Change.
- Prepare field reports and assist in other reporting as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 1 year professional experience in earthquake resistant design and construction of buildings.
- Work experience private sector engineering firms an advantage. Self-employed / entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
- Work experience based in remote field locations a plus. Work experience with owner-driven or community driven construction a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or other Autodesk engineering software is a must.
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design software will be an advantage.
- No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
- Fluent English and Nepali.