- Hotel and catering management
- Hospitality management
- Food science and technology
Applicant must be able to live and work in Pokhara.
- Company: WORK THE WORLD
- Industry: Travel/Hospitality
- Address: Chandol
- NRs 55000 per month (Based on work experience)
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Bachelor in Hotel/Hospitality Mgmt. (BHM)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A unique opportunity for a qualified and experienced Caterer/Chef to work with for an international organisation. Work the World, specialises in arranging hospital based experiences for international healthcare students. The role is based in a guest house setting, in Pokhara.
You will be responsible for designing and cooking healthy and varied Nepali and International meals. You will work to monthly food budgets, ensuring customer satisfaction remains to the highest standards.
The role will appeal to an energetic and enthusiastic individual, confident in speaking English and interacting directly with international students. Someone who is hard-working, proud of the food they cook, and open to new ideas and feedback.
International standards and knowledge of food hygiene processes are essential. Qualifications must include at least one of the following; Hotel and catering management Hospitality management Food science and technology
Proof of these qualifications will need to be shown as part of the application process.
The role will also involve working alongside an Assistant Caterer, but does not include direct line management.
· Start date: Immediate
· Salary range: 55,000 – 65,000 NPR per month
· Work hours: 48 hours (as per updated contract the member of the team will enter into)
Job role, as outlined in contract that will be signed on hiring:
The Caterer is responsible for providing the high standard of quality of meals we expect in every Work the World house. The key roles include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare all food in the house for customers’ breakfast and dinner, Monday to Friday
· Produce fortnightly menus for the Programme Director/Manager and ensuring there is a good variety of dishes for customers
· Conform to high levels of hygiene when preparing and cooking food, as outlined in Food Hygiene documents
· Buy all necessary food supplies and ensure that food budgets are adhered to and maximised
· Compile all receipts for food purchases and provide these to the Programme Director/Manager
· Complete a weekly thorough clean of the entire kitchen area, work surfaces and cupboards
· Interact with customers in the morning and on return from the hospital, ensuring that they feel welcome and “at home”
· Manage all cooking and preparations for the weekly Work the World BBQ
· Address any complaints from customers in relation to the food and work to achieve positive feedback from all customers
· Act upon recommendations from the Programme Director/Manager when required to change or improve the menu provided or variety of food cooked
· Make sure there is adequate food left for customers over the weekends, and where necessary have food prepared for new arrivals
· Take responsibility for the maintenance of all equipment in the kitchen
· Provide meals for customers appropriate for stated dietary requirements and where necessary confirm these with customers when they arrive
· Oversee the training and work completed by the Assistant Caterer
It is expected that where appropriate the Caterer will assist other staff members with duties to guarantee the smooth and successful operation of the programme for customers.