- Company: FCA-Foundation
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Gairidhara
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Request for Proposal
Date of issue
8 October 2018
FCA Nepal / Context Analysis
28 October, 2018
Finn Church Aid (FCA), Nepal Country Office
Hari Karki, Program Coordinator
FCA has been working in Nepal since 2013 in the sectors of livelihood and education. It has been implementing development cooperation and earthquake response programs and projects covering 14 districts. As a civil society actor, FCA realizes its mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance, and advocacy works. In Nepal FCA has focused on promoting the rights of women and people facing caste-based discrimination.
FCA Nepal Country Office will be updating its Country Strategy. To support in this process, FCA is calling for proposals from consultant/s to carry out a detailed Context Analysis. The objective of the Context Analysis is to collect information, analysis and recommendations that will help FCA Nepal plan and implement its Country Programme.
2. Purpose of the Assignment
This Context Analysis is carried out to collect information, analysis and recommendations that will help FCA Nepal plan and implement a Country Programme that is relevant to today’s context in Nepal, especially focusing on youth and women; have clear linkages to FCA’s Global Strategy from 2017 onwards, FCA’s Global Programme 2018-23 and Nepal Country Strategy from 2017 onwards.
The Context Analysis will help FCA to:
- understand the general Human Rights situation including discrimination based on gender and caste, national development priorities and main disaster risks in Nepal
- identify root causes behind the non-realization of human rights and other challenges
- identify programmatic focus that would best support the country programme to respond to the root causes identified by the analysis
- identify relevant stakeholders and analyze their capacities for potential new partnerships and for collaboration.
The Context Analysis report will serve as a background document for FCA Nepal’s programming. In addition to an overview of the Nepal context, it will give FCA:
- Clear recommendations for future strategic and programmatic direction in FCA’s priority themes in Nepal, considering the ongoing FCA’s Global Programme 2018-23 and beyond
- Recommendations regarding priority geographical locations (provinces) in relation to (1) above
- Reliable findings and programmatic recommendations that serve as useful and relevant information for proposal development purposes towards identified priority donors
- Recommendations for potential partnerships and networks including but not limited to government ministries and agencies, institutions, I/NGOs, CBOs and companies for future programmes, relevant for FCA’s long term strategic planning.
4.Working modalities and methodology
While it is up to the consultant(s) to develop and discuss with FCA the precise methodology to be used for the assessment, the assessment should be carried out through a combination of:
- Comprehensive understanding of FCA’s Global Strategy and FCA Nepal Country Strategy
- Desk study, which may include but not be limited to a review of
- Relevant national laws and international commitments, development plans and policies, government initiatives and programmes, and other such documents of relevance
- FCA’s internal documents such as FCA Global Programme 2018-23, Nepal country programme documents (plans and reports 2015-2019), FCA Youth on the Move Report, etc.
- Partners’ strategies and programme plans
- Relevant documents published by UN, international and national development actors
The assignment will be made phases with the following deliverables
- Inception report including a work plan with proposed methodology and tools after consultation with FCA Nepal, 12 days after signing of the contract.
- First draft report
- The consultant(s) is expected to send a first draft report by 16.12.2018, which will be checked and commented by FCA team. A presentation workshop may also be organized for key actors involved in the assessment. Feedback to the draft will be given latest 7 days after receiving the draft.
- The final report of the whole assignment will be made available latest by 08.01.2019 followed by a workshop discussing the findings, conclusions and recommendations in detail.
For the full scope of the assignment and further details, please refer these following links:
Guideline and Format: http://bit.ly/2E59Xtp