- Company: Fair Trade Group Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Jhamsikhel
- Business Development
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference for Business Development Officer
Fair Trade Group (FTG) Nepal is a consortium of fair trading organizations in Nepal. It seeks to promote the advancement of the socio-economic status of underprivileged and marginalized producers across the country. It was formally registered as a non-trading not for profit an NGO in 1996. Member organizations of FTG Nepal are involved in supporting producers and raising awareness towards influencing change in the international trade regime. At present, more than 10,000 underprivileged producers and 45,000 producers are directly and indirectly benefiting through FTG Nepal and its members.
FTG Nepal with support from Oxfam through its Enterprise Development Programme is supporting Pokhara Women's Skill Development Pvt. Ltd. to increase their production and revenue by capacitating existing and new vulnerable/marginalized women producers. The project aims to improve their business to create mass impact to improve the living condition of vulnerable women that will be engaged with them through this project.
Pokhara Women's Skill Development (PWSD) Pvt. Ltd.: works with women artisan offering training and inputs as well as marketing the handicrafts items they produce. PWSD provides employment to over 400 women both in-house and home based producers. PWSD has good market and have huge unmet demand that has not been fulfilled due to lack of skilled manpower. Thus, through this project PWSD will identify, engage and employ more vulnerable women to fulfill the demand by providing them with various skills based training. PWSD will also be provided support through this project to strengthen their organizational capacity. PWSD will also be supported in marketing their product through participation in various fairs and providing them with the training for diversification of their existing products based on market demand.The project aims to create employment opportunities for500 new producers and strengthen the capacity of 400 existing producers to increase their income over a period of 3 years. More importantly, the project aims to achieve significant business growth of PWSD by supporting them in market expansion in domestic and international market, improving governance and organizational capacity. PWSD will work in close coordination with FTG Nepal.
Scope of work
Business Development Officer will be based in Pokhara Women's Skill Development Pvt. Ltd. in Pokhara, Nepal and will need to directly report to Director, FTG Nepal. The roles and responsibilities of the Business Development officer will be, but not limited to, the following:
- To support PWSD for effective operation and management of handicraft business.
- To support PWSD in identifying the right producers for capacity building through skills development to increase production of handicraft items.
- To coordinate and provide necessary inputs to the team (trainers and other relevant personnel) which is mandated to carry out regular and refresher trainings to existing and potential producers in close coordination with PWSD.
- To prepare procurement and capacity development plans in coordination with Business Development Manager.
- To support PWSD and FTGN in planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, reporting and documentation of programactivities and outcomes.
- To support PWSD in implementing its marketing strategies for achieving significant business growth
- To coordinate with the Pokhara Women's Skill Development Pvt. Ltd. management to ensure timely documentation (both financial and reporting) to be sent to FTG Nepal at specified time agreed between two parties.
- To support PWSD in designing contents for marketing in social media, support in development of knowledge documents.
- To support in strengthening the capacity of Pokhara Women's Skill Development Pvt. Ltd. and its personnel through overseeing their financial management, governance system, policies and process.
- To follow-up and communicate progress of task/activities regularly to Business Development Managerand Oxfam team as required.
- Additional duties as prescribed by the project management team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Business Studies or relevant field with experience of working in Enterprises orPrivate sector organizations or NGOS.
- Candidate with experiences of working in marketing will be preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources and take quick decisions.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and be fluent in oral and written Nepali and English.
- Ability to work independently to build and maintain effective relationship with colleagues, market actors, government authorities and wide range of relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Locals and female candidate will be preferred.
- Supervision and Timing
The Business Development Officer will be supervised by Director, FTG Nepal. The Business Development Officer will liaise with Pokhara Women's Skill Development Pvt. Ltd. management, trainers and Oxfam to ensure the efficient execution of the assignment. Contract period for the assignment is from 1st May, 2019 to 31st March, 2020.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by 5 April,2019 by sending an application with the position applied at the subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org along with recent CV, and expected salary.