- Company: Fair Trade Group Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Jhamsikhel
- Development / Administrative
- Full Time / Contract
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Fair Trade Group Nepal in partnership with Oxfam Nepal has been implementing “Sustainable Livelihoods Support for the Earthquake Affected Families in Nepal” since 2016 in five earthquake-affected districts namely Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu. The project aims to improve market access of earthquake affected men and women producers and FTGN members.
FTGN is looking for Business Development Officer (BDO), to join our project team.
Job Title: Business Development Officer (BDO)
Number of position: Two
Duty station: Kathmandu (with frequent travel to the project districts)
Reporting to: BDS Manager
Duration: April 2018 to March 2019
A) Support in Establishment of BDS Center
- Support BDS Manager in establishing the BDS Center in FTGN.
- Support to develop Business Development Service Package.
- Explore the service market BDS Center for its sustainability.
- Assess the BDS need of the producers and Fair Trade Member Organizations.
- Provide Coaching and counseling and consultancy services to entrepreneurs/clients on business development.
B) Support the Sustainable Livelihoods Support project in providing the BDS support to producers and member organizations:
- Provide Business Development Services to the sustainable Livelihood Support project and other clients.
- Conduct and facilitate entrepreneurship development trainings (Start and Improve your Business) and business plan preparation.
- Conduct and facilitate Business Management Training for scale up/growth of the established business.
- Support the project team to Conduct skill development/Refresher trainings to the beneficiaries of the project.
- Support the project team to assess the need of appropriate technology and provide appropriate technology, tools and equipment to the beneficiaries to start and revive their business.
- Support the project producers in accessing the market and with Banks and Financial Institutions.
- Support to provide orientation on account keeping to the beneficiaries.
- Facilitate to provide marketing training to the producers and link with buyers.
- Regular follow up and provide business counseling and coaching to the producers in entrepreneurship development, salesmanship, book keepingand marketing skills for their sustainability.
- Facilitate in regular group meeting and support the group in strengthening their capacity like transforming the group in cooperative etc.
- Provide technical support to the producers/entrepreneurs in registration of their business and product brand in concerned authority.
- Support the project team in monitoring and flagging issues to Project Team on a regular basis.
- Mainstream Gender and Social Inclusion and child safeguarding issues in the project activities for ensuring child protection, women and other socially excluded people’s participation in the project.
- Execute other tasks as requested by the BDS Manager based on project demands
- Keep the updated information of the beneficiaries and activities in the database
- Prepare event reports and submit it to BDS Manager.
- Prepare monthly and periodic reports and submit to BDS Manager on regular basis.
- Prepare case studies, process and learning documentations and share to BDS Manager.
- Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Completion of Intermediate in any field with completion of EDF level-3.
- At least 3 years of working experience in enterprise development and livelihoods development in field level.
- Working experience in business and private sector development including cooperative development, micro-finance and local employment generation
- Working experience in developing Business plan and marketing strategies of producer groups/cooperative sectors
- Good communication and reporting skills in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Bachelor's degree in any field with completion of EDF level-3.
- Negotiation, networking, coordination and representation skills with key local actors
- Ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources and take quick decisions;
- Should be able to communicate effectively and be fluent in oral and written English. Candidates that can speak local language will be given preference
- Ability to work independently to build and maintain effective relationship with colleagues and wide range of clients/external parties.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management
- Strong skills on report writing, documentation and data management.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letter along with CV, contact details of 2 referees , clearly mentioning the title of position applied in the subject line of the email by 17 April, 2018 to email@example.com or directly drop at Fair Trade Group Nepal, Secretariat at Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal (Opposite to British School, Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur)