- Company: Public Defender Society of Nepal
- Industry: Legal
- Address: Uma Bhawan, Surya Marga
- Accounting and Finance
- CA / ICWA
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The Public Defender Society of Nepal (PDS-Nepal) is a Nepali non-profit nongovernmental organization with the mission to ensure fair and effective access to justice, and to develop the efficiency and sustainability of a Nepal’s legal aid system. Established on June 1, 2015 PDS-Nepal formally operates their business on April 1, 2017 after spinning off from the International Legal Foundation’s (ILF) ground-breaking project a decade in the making, dedicated to establishing the right to counsel for indigent defendants and creating access to justice for all in Nepal. The only Nepali public defender organization in Nepal, PDS-Nepal’s advocates have developed unmatched expertise defending the rights of Nepal’s poorest and most vulnerable. The organization is uniquely placed to continue to address the legal aid needs of poor, vulnerable, and marginalized accused, and to grow the capacity of State and non-State criminal justice sector actors, all with the aim of supporting a more effective, sustainable, and accessible legal aid system, and promoting the rule of law, citizen participation, and accountability.
Invites Request for Proposal from individuals, firms to carry out yearly financial audit for 2074/2075 of its program. Interested Individuals, firms, institutions are requested to submit the proposal as per address given below by or before July 19, 2018 (SHRAWAN 03, 2075).
Scope of Work – Professional Services
- Perform a comprehensive external audit of the financial statements of the fund for the fiscal year in accordance with generally accepted auditing standard
- Evaluate requirements and per dorm and audit in accordance with the government of Nepal audit compliance.
Requirement for the content of the RFP
- Overview of the firm describing the type of services your firm provides, noting the experiences your firm provides, noting the experiences your firm has with national & international not-for-profit organization.
- Brief bios on partners, managers and staff that would be responsible for the work.
- Copy of your most recent peer review letter.
- Copy of renewal of firm, tax clearance evidences etc. (tax clearance certification for FY 2074/75 needed to be submitted before starting audit)
- Provide all required documents prepared for audit
- Detail general ledger and vendor payments
- Financial guidelines
- Any other requested documents
Interested individual, firm should send their RFP on or before July 19, 2018 (SHRAWAN 03, 2075) to :
1st floor, Uma Bhawan#19, Surya Marg
For any additional information, please contact Ms Sapana Shrestha at firstname.lastname@example.org