- Company: A Leading NGO
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT RESEARCH AND TRAINING OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
- The Assistant Research and Training Officer will work alongside the research and training team to assist in the delivery of the projects both in the Central and District Offices.
- The AT&RO will support R&T and M&E Officers in order to collect data for context analysis and carry out day-to-day data management activities smoothly.
- The AT&RO will support R&T Officer in order to design and develop contents and conduct Immersion Course on Madhesh.
- The AT&RO will assist R&T Officer in preparation and dissemination of monthly newsletter.
- The AT&RO will provide support to R&T Officer in journal publication by writing and editing journal articles with close coordination with editorial board.
- The AT&RO will support R&T and M&E Officers in order to carry out day-to-day project management activities smoothly.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Contribute in research and training planning meetings
- Maintain communication with District Offices and report the progress on knowledge management to the R&T and M&E Officers.
- Collect contextual information from the field visits and report
- Support R&T Officer in carrying out capacity building activities and logistic support.
- Document project activities using photography, recording verbal statements and other means
- Support in carrying out any other related duties as required by his/her supervisors.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to research and training team for field visits, context analysis, developing monthly report and updates.
- The Assistant Research and Training Officer will report directly to the Research and Training Officer.
- At least Bachelor Degree in social science, governance and development or in relevant field.
- Minimum of a year of experience in the research and training for NGOs or development sector.
- Fluency in English is highly required.
- Understanding of governance and development, accountability tools, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Able to use computer to run office application software packages
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.