- Company: CAMRIS International
- Industry: Other
- Address: 78 Naya Basti Marg
- Finance & Administration
- 3+ years
- BBA / BBM
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project, Nepal
Position Title: Admin. and Finance Assistant
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Admin and Finance Assistant to join the team.Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Admin and Finance Assistant will work closely with the Human Resource and Admin Officer, and Finance Officer to assist in day to day activities of operation for MEL project that are compliant with local polices and USAID rules and regulations. This position is based in Kathmandu. Nepali citizens encouraged to apply.
- Assist in carrying out all operations required for authorizing and effectuating expenditures under all types of funding and ensuring the most rational use of those funds. This includes making calculations, requesting funds, checking supporting justifying documents and making payments
- Assist in preparing monthly, half-yearly and year end closing of accounts
- Prepare vouchers and make journal entries continuously in absence of Finance Officer
- Assist in making data entries to Accounting Software for monthly accounts in absence of Finance Officer
- Assist in processing for payment of vendors
- Visit bank for deposit and other office related works.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Assist in dealing with the Auditors for Interim, Fiscal year and Final audit
- Ensure deduction at Source & Advance Payment of Income TAX & VAT, safe keeping of the all Tax and VAT related documents and filing of E-Returns
- Assist with VAT tracking and claim process.
- Assists with the development and implementation of systems and procedure
- Assist in Office management and day-to-day administration
- Assist in handling of pettycash that the maximum amount never exceeds the limit
- Support on procurement of office materials/ equipment preparing purchase requisition, collecting quotation and compiling them with adequate documentation
- Provide logistical support for arranging hotel, ticket, accommodation and vehicle rental for field travel
- Assist in Update inventory list and maintain proper recording system
- Assist operation team to conduct physical verification of assets
- Check log book of vehicle and generator and monitor fuel consumption record
- Support on processing insurance of assets
- Support on filing and organizing on financial and administrative files.
- Support on official faxing, photocopy and scanning as required
- Ensure confidentiality of all office records.
- Answer phones, take messages, and redirect calls as needed.
- Support on any other activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience on Finance, administrative and procurement roles. Human resources experience useful.
- Experience on working in international organization/national organization
- Good time management and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Computer skills on MS office, especially Word and Excel
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Good English language communication, written and oral
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by April 10, 2019 through following link: