- Company: JobsNepal.com Direct Recruitment Service
- Industry: Information Services
- Address: Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Accounting and Finance
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Jobsnepal.com (Nepal’s first career portal with an approach of creating a meeting point for the employers and the job seekers where each aims at meeting their individual requirements) invites application from the competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic Nepalese candidates in the capacity of Accountant for our client company.
Post: Accountant (Male)
Working Hours: 10:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Bachelors Degree in commerce
- 2+ years of experience in accounting /finance in a Pvt. Ltd Company. (Preferably Trading company)
- Positive attitude & desire to exceed expectations
- Proficiency with email, MS office applications specially MS Word and MS Excel.Proficiency with TALLY software with hands on working experience of more than 3 years or moreon TALLY software.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees, management & external parties to maximize performance
- prepare monthly financial statements, reports& records by collecting, analyzing, & summarizing a/c information
- fixed asset processing & reporting
- maintain bank A/c’s by requesting disbursements
- monitor reserves accounts & short term fund investments
- review bank statements
- research & reconcile all discrepancies
- auditing & verifying documents
- following internal audit & controls
- completing data backups
- financial & profitability analysis on a requested basis
- Costing of goods from time to time to ensure sustainable profitability /Inventory planning and reordering on a regular basis
- Knowledge of Trade Finance and hands on experience in LC /TT DAP Opening and documentation
- Knowledge of Credit process to get TR/OD/WCL/STTL/STL Limits sanctioned from the bank and ensure timely repayments of interest and principal amount.
- Submit timely reports to the bank as and when asked by the bank to reflect the financial position of the firm.
- Maintain books of accounts namely ledgers, purchase/sale registers, inventory books etc in both MANUAL and TALLY. The books of accounts must be update at all times. Hence the experience of TALLY accounting software is a MUST.
- Timely filing the returns like VAT , TDS etc
- Prepare the books as per the govt. of Nepal norms and get its Audit done through our external auditor.
- Conduct Internal as well as external Audit and resolve discrepancies which may result in the depletion of the P&L if caught during audit.
- Comparing physical inventory of the warehouse from time to time with the inventory of the books and reporting any discrepancies.
- Should have leadership qualities to manage and motivatethe team and ensuring all data entries and postings are done accurately. He should be able to train the team to work efficiently and responsibly.
- Must be willing to stay for a long period of time with the company and grow with the company rather than short term.
Other specific requirements:
- Candidate should have a two wheeler with valid license to commute from his home to office.
- Must be hard working,self-motivated and loyal to the company to realize its long term vision and goals.
- Matured and preferably married of age 33 + and settled in Kathmandu with no intentions to relocate outside Kathmandu or abroad in the future.
- Must submit periodic and accurate reports to the management indicating the performance of the company, suggest ways to improve the current ways of operations in a polite, respectful and subtle manner.
- Must be willing to work overtime depending on the work pressure and management decision from time to time.
Salary: 18,000 to 25,000 per month (depending on the competency and the work experience of the candidate)