Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Design, implement and maintain java application
- To take part in software and architectural development activities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in Java based application development
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have passion for development and ability to learn latest technologies
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Good knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skills.
- Mandatory skills – the person must be STRONG in each discipline and will have to explain in detail
- Experience in cloud and serverless technology (preferably AWS) would be a major plus point
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tools and understand of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of AWS LAMBDA and monitoring tools such as Solar winds and New Relic would be a plus