Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Design, implement and maintain JAVA application
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Engage in technical grooming discussions where you should be able to learn as well as contribute
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 1 to 4 years of professional experience in Java based application development
Skills and Knowledge -
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Ability to learn new, emerging technologies
- You have a solid general understanding of application components and search engines – what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end.
- You’re a professional. That means you follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, don’t cut corners, consider other people’s ideas, play nice with the team, learn from your mistakes, document things and communicate honestly and proactively if you anticipate an issue doing any of the above
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skills
- Strong in JAVA programming and JAVA based technologies – JAVA 8+ features, J2EE Framework, Spring Framework
- Experience working in heavily multithreaded application
- Experience or knowledge of Search Engines like Solr, Lucene and Elastic Search
- Experience in microservices architecture and RESTful API development
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB, MSSQL and/or Postgres),
- Knowledge of queuing and messaging technologies like RabbitMQ, SNS and SQS
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tool and deep understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
If Interested , APPLY NOW
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.