Java Backend Developer
BerryBytes develop computer vision technologies using Machine Learning and AI and offers Cloud Native Application solutions. We bring the perfect combination of talent and technology to help our customers overcome their most significant challenges.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Java Backend Developer
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer in Java with a strong desire to work in golang for our Cloud product that leverages innovative cloud native technologies and cloud services that primarily focus on NoOps and Developer Experience (DX). The ideal candidate will have strong experience developing concurrent, distributed, rich and intuitive consumer-facing products or highly integrated enterprise applications and willing to switch to a language like GoLang.
We develop Cloud Agnostic PaaS that leverage Kubernetes to reduce significant time to roll out the Cloud Native application across the managed or on premise infrastructure. Our product powers companies to achieve new levels of velocity, agility, reliability, and efficiency in their projects and systems.
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Engage in technical grooming discussions where you should be able to learn as well as contribute
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Recommend changes to improve established java or golang application processes’
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in Java based application development
Skills and Knowledge
- Write highly concurrent, elastic, message driven and scalable code
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Sound in Spring Framework, Hibernate and JPA.
- Experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Ability to learn new, emerging technologies like golang.
- Should have a solid general understanding of application components and search engines – what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Possess troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skills
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Hands on Kubernetes
Why a Career with BerryBytes?
At BerryBytes, we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. BerryBytes's idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
You will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with BerryBytes. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
We offer flexible hours, competitive PTO policy, incentive, bonus and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field.
Please send your latest resume in PDF format at email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.