IT Support Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
IT Support Officer(Based in Kathmandu)
The IT Support Officer will provide IT support to all users at CARE Nepal. His/her major responsibilities will include but not limited to: desktop/laptop computer support, anti-virus measures, network and communications support, data and email communications setup and support to users, required computer hardware & software support, hardware & software inventory management, replication of IT policies & procedures, operation of IT/audio visual equipment pool, user training and remote support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 3 years’ experience in providing direct IT support to users in a medium to large Windows Server 2012/2016/2018 LAN environment.
- Practical experience on standard software & hardware installation/maintenance and troubleshooting, and strong knowledge of different types of Operating System and Common IT Applications.
- MCP, CompTIA A+ /Network + Certification(s) will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency on IT Customer Service
- Good planning and organizing skill for IT support
- Working knowledge on network component installation and troubleshooting
- Effective problem solving skill for common IT applications, hardware, and internet-email troubleshooting
- Efficient time management skill and stress tolerance capability
- Good knowledge on systematic documentation on IT services and components
- Working knowledge on IT equipment pool management system, on vendor liaisons and monitoring repair of IT equipment, and maintenance and warranty claim activities
- Skill on IT equipment inventory management system
- Phone call support
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 25 September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.