Information Technology (IT) Officer /Finance Associate /Human Resource (HR) Associate
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the following position to join its team:
All positions are contingent to availability of Fund.
1. Information Technology (IT) Officer
The IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, servers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. S/He works with the Country Office IT Manager, Asia IT Operations/Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
- Provides support of computer hardware, software, printers, applications, operating systems, servers, and network devices.
- Ensures the weekly update of the Bitdefender Anti-virus of servers and clients.
- Ensures the monthly patching/Windows updates on Server and user computer.
- Performs regular backups of servers, user files, and network shared files.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Configures and maintains servers, routers, switches, wireless access points, security appliances, etc.
- Maintains the office IT system and upgrades when required or as instructed by Asia/HQ IT Team.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Monitor Internet Connection on regular basis and report to ISP whenever internet is down.
- Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers/vendors where appropriate and ensures that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Supports organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents
- Demonstrates complete ownership of all incidents or service requests
- Responsible for tracking and progress of all incidents to conclusion
- Identifies and promotes technical and operational “best practices.”
- Trains staff on newly deployed technologies
- Reviews and enforces FHI 360’s policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Advises management on everything IT (budget, procurement, strategy, project startup/closeout, vendor selection, project technologies, etc.). Attends meetings for these activities.
- Responsible for managing the Office Intranet and electronic filing system, update the intranet and insert the FHI 360 documents whenever required.
- Assist FHI 360 staff for computer layout and designing the FHI 360 documents, printing, and production.
- Report to Country office IT Manager on regular basis or when a task needs to be escalated.
- Assist staff to manage files and emails in Microsoft cloud-based system.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by IT Manager, F&A Director and Country Representative.
- Moderate understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office 365, Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Cloud Technology, Exchange 2010/2013/Exchange Online, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Cisco Routers/Switches, Meraki’s, and other network devices.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Strong oral and written communication /soft skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- Telecommunications: PABX, VoIP, voice mail, and peripheral devices
- Server: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, DFS, WSUS, Virtualization Technology.
- Desktop: Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office Suite 2016, Office 365, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Anti-Virus
- Database: Knowledge of MySQL, MS-SQL queries
- Website Management: Microsoft ISS
- Cloud Technology: One Drive for Business, SharePoint Online, Azure Cloud Systems.
- Network: Cisco routers/switches, Meraki, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with Photo and Video Editing Tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Science, or another related field.
- Preferred qualification in MCP, MCSE, CCNA or equivalent.
- At least three years of professional experience in field of Information Technology with international NGO’s preferably with USAID-funded Projects
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period and to lift 5-50 lbs.
2. Finance Associate
The Finance Associate is responsible for all financial data management including day to day financial data entry, generation of financial reports and assist finance team on overall financial management.
- Verify bills/invoices submitted to FHI 360 Nepal and prepare general vouchers and check/wire for payments.
- Verify vendor account details for online banking transfer.
- Maintain office and project financial accounts. This includes accounts payable, checking accounts, consultant contracts, travel expenses, and all subproject contracts, agreements and amendments done with implementing agencies.
- Maintain financial information on fund received by the Prime Recipient.
- Keep track of monthly routine bills/invoices (e.g., telephones, electricity, etc.) to ensure payments are processed on time.
- Responsible for petty cash management.
- Responsible for tracking the VAT payment and reimbursement record of FHI 360 Country Office.
- Responsible for TDS deduction on all payment as per applicable law, upload into the IRD website and verify in timely manner.
- Responsible for advance reconciliation.
- Provide financial support to training and workshop organized by FHI 360/Nepal.
- Participate and contribute to the overall mission of FHI 360 Nepal.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Project Director, F&A Director and/or Country Representative.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance and minimum three years’ work experience in international NGOs
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Sound knowledge of basic Accounting or Finance, including USAID and UK aid regulations
- Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete financial and accounting records
- Knowledge of computer programs, including Word processing, Excel and Microsoft Access
3. Human Resource (HR) Associate
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager (HRM), the HR Associate is responsible for supporting recruitment of local Nepali staff, administration of national/international consultant contracts. S/he works closely with all FHI 360 Nepal departments and units to ensure timely, appropriate and efficient office operations.
- Support HRM on recruitment process for FHI 360 local staff; prepare and place advertisements, perform preliminary CV screening; coordinate for short listing and preparation for interviews
- Prepare necessary logs/matrix/roster of applications and proposals sent to FHI 360 in response to the advertisements and through references.
- Support HRM in preparing contractual agreements for local/international consultants; coordinate with program and technical units; ensure contracts are completed in a systematic and timely manner; track and dispatch relevant reports; update and distribute consultant list on regular basis to staff.
- Arrange induction packet for new employees and coordinate with concerned units for orientation program.
- Support FHI 360 staff training and development activities including solicitation of feedback from staff; designing staff development activities to meet needs of the country office, tracking activities and reporting to senior management.
- Maintain FHI 360 Nepal staff leave records
- Administer employee personal files and records
- Keep track of staff leave request and circulate staff leave information on regular basis
- Keep track of staff medical insurance and reconcile every month
- Perform other FHI 360 Nepal-related duties as assigned by the Finance and Administrative Director, Project Director and Country Representative
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, humanities, business management or related social science or behavioral sciences and at least 2 years related experience in HR field
- Strong knowledge and experience with office management systems
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and independent approach to work with willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision and manage high volume workflow with multiple tasks
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing)
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. April 25, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.