Human Resource and Procurement Coordinator
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. CBM has been working in Nepal since 1982. Our work in Nepal spans across 36 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities. Based on its core values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty both as a cause and as a consequence of disability, and works in partnership with local and national civil society organisations to create an inclusive society for all.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CBM International is an international development organization committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. Our work in Nepal spans across 36 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities in partnership with local organizations.
CBM seeks application from qualified and competent candidates for following position:
Job Title: Human Resource and Procurement Coordinator
|Reports to: Country Director||Department: Human Resources||Contract Start: Feb 2020 |
|Location: Kathmandu, Nepal||Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (Core Position)||Contract Duration: Two Years|
Implements the country office HR strategies in alignment with international and regional HR strategies to support effective people management and also manages the procurement function for effective implementation of the country strategy.
Human Resource Management
- Implement CBM Country Office HR plans aligned with Regional Hub strategy or International office strategy and guidelines;
- Lead the process of updating or review of existing HR Guidelines for CBM in the country such as recruitment, training and development, talent management, compensation and benefits, conflict management, health, safety &security management, and HR internal and external communication;
- Proactively promote CBM’s values and culture within the organisation;
- Lead the coordination of staff training and development;
- Oversee staff development initiatives (mentoring, coaching and training) and succession planning with relevant line-managers;
- Ensure that Inclusion principles are integrated into CBM HR plans, policies and practices;
- Ensure adherence to CBM health, safety & security guidelines by all staff in the region;
- Ensure on-time delivery of HR services, accuracy of information and legal compliance;
- Maintain disability inclusive model of HR recruitment process in CBM NCO
Procurement and Logistics:
- Lead the process of procurement of goods or services ensuring compliance with the CBM guidelines and policy
- Establish agreements with reliable suppliers and service providers who can give best value to CBM Office in line with CBM’s procurement policy.
- Process procurement plan, initiate and undertake local procurement, issues RFQs. Review quotations of suppliers and carry out cost/benefit analysis, ensure value for money in keeping with established protocol.
- Maintain good connections with suppliers in Nepal and develop new supplier links within Nepal.
- Lead the consultant hiring process in line with the CBM guidelines and policies
- Contribute as a member of the CBM CO Health, Safety & Security Management Team and safeguarding team
- Requires 5 (five) years’ experience in Human Resources Development with significant organisational development experience, or related fields, in a complex, international organisation (preferably in the INGO context)
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification and/or Professional qualification in HRM/D, Business administration, Leadership or Organisational Development (or Behaviour), Psychology
- Hands on experience of handling procurement and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams, cultures and work styles to execute development and training strategies at a high level in a fluid work environment
- Experience of capacity building, training and coaching.
To apply: For detailed Job Description, log on to http://bit.ly/35eIPR5. To apply submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5 pm 17 Jan 2020 clearly mentioning the subject line “HR-2020-01” Application for HRPC”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written test & Interview will be taken on the same day. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Persons with disability, women and candidates from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.