Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
Technical Coordinator (Civil)
NRCS District Chapter Rolpa Project site office located at Pariwartan Rural Municipality of Rolpa district
Diploma in civil engineering (PCL) from recognized institution. At least 2 years work experience on designing, construction and supervision of water scheme and institutional infrastructures. Computer skills include use of AUTOCAD and use of Office Applications. Good skill of using different survey equipment i.e. Abney level, Auto level machine, Total station, Theodolite etc. Need excellent communication/facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to communicate and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Age bar is 18-45 yrs.
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to email@example.com by September 23, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme(CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components-Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of NRCS Rolpa District Chapter and Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP), the Technical Coordinator provides the technical support for the implementation of the activities of 'Community Action for Health Project (Project code- 443273) and 'Community Action for WASH Project (Project code- 443274) according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure of the programme.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will also provide general technical support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by NRCS CEHP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme in the field. The employee should report to District Programme Coordinator. Detailed scope of work includes:
- Provide technical assistance to conduct water resource mapping, pre-feasibility study and detail survey of the possible water sources
- Assess the infrastructure status mainly related to WASH of health facilities, PHC-ORC Clinics and schools
- Support to carry out detail survey to construct different infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Provide necessary information and also support to prepare the design and cost estimate report of the water schemes and infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Provide technical support and ensure the quality construction of water schemes and infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics as per design and cost estimate report
- Assist to develop Palika level Total Sanitation strategic plan, Ward and Palika level WASH plan and other relevant policy guidelines
- Maintain coordination and good linkages with related stakeholders i.e. Palika, RM-WASH-CC, W-WASH-CC, HFOMC, Schools, CBOs etc to develop their ownership in the construction process
- Coordinate with Palika and ward office to ensure the fund allocation from their side for the construction of water schemes and infrastructures in health facilities and PHC-ORC Clinics
- Facilitate in community to ensure the community contribution in any construction projects and also support to monitor the performance of the skilled/unskilled labors involved in construction process and guide them as per need.
- Develop action plan, necessary formats and innovative tools etc for the effective implementation of the programme
- Organize and facilitate meetings and trainings as planned.
- Participate in relevant meetings, orientations, workshops and trainings.
- Collect the information, photos related to the construction status,fill in relevant formats (fact sheets, reporting templates etc), prepare success stories and share to the concerns on time.
- Facilitate to the relevant committees to prepare the business plan for the sustainability and multi-use of the infrastructures
- Assess the use of constructed infrastructures and facilitate to the relevant members for the functionality and proper utilization of the structures
- Ensure of cost effectiveness and circumvent over exceeding of the allocated budget while running activities.
- Fulfill other project assignments given by NRCS district chapter and NRCS CEHP.
|Diploma in Engineering|
|09 Sep, 19|
|23 Sep, 19|
|Rolpa district, Pariwartan Rural Municipality|