Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Expert
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, empowerment of women and other marginalized populations, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Expert for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Analysis.
The purpose of the GESI Analysis is to identify the most significant societal gender, caste and ethnic inequalities in Nepal and prioritize them to inform development of the new USAID/Nepal Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The study will also provide sex, caste, and ethnicity disaggregated statistics for social inclusion considerations along with recommendations of ways the CDCS could address identified needs for empowering women and marginalized castes and ethnicities.
The GESI analysis will consist of a literature review and primary data collection. The analysis will be led by an experienced international Gender expert that has conducted similar analyses for USAID, a national GESI expert that is familiar with the Nepali context and issues that limit the ability of Nepali women, and certain caste and ethnic groups to realize their full potential, and several field researchers to assist with primary data collection.
- Take direction from and fully support the team lead throughout the assignment.
- Review Nepali literature on social inclusion related to caste, religion, and ethnicity in Nepal and analyze andsynthesize the major findings.
- Support lead researcher in presentation of desk review findings to stakeholders
- Support the team lead in developing the workplan to include the study’s methodology, bibliography, preliminary list of respondents, framework for analysis, and timeline.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify gaps and dynamics in relation to five domains of GESI which includes 1) Laws and polices, 2)Cultural norms and beliefs, 3) Gender roles and responsibilities, 4) Access to and control over resources and 5) Patterns of power and decision-making
- Pilot test data collection tools in the field.
- Assist in training field researchers on the data collection tools.
- Conduct field research to gather data through focus group discussions (FGDs) and key informant interviews (KIIs) with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the team lead in development and presentation of the preliminary findings, conclusions and recommendations to USAID/Nepal. Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the analysis report.
- In depth knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in Nepal.
- At least three years of experience leading or participating in GESI analyses, assessments, or GESI project evaluations.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in either sociology, religion, anthropology, international development or related area with specialization in development issues facing women, and marginalized castes and ethnicities in Nepal.
- Knowledgeable of the current laws and policies affecting women and other marginalized populations, and implications that the devolution of authorities and services to the local level may have on women and others.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with USAID is preferred.
This position is restricted to Nepali citizens only.
The selected candidate will be requested to submit writing samples in English and furnish three professional references.
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by July18, 2019 at the following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/4453/gender-equality-and-social-inclusion-%28gesi%29-expert/job
|Please check vacancy details|
|04 Jul, 19|
|18 Jul, 19|