Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal's projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. PHASE has around 175 staff working for different projects.
PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Position: Technical Officer (Livelihood)
Required Number: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Mugu
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Completed B. Sc. Agriculture
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication, coordination and facilitation skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Exposure to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Proficiency in using email, internet, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Willingness and ability to work in a remote area with power, transportation and communication challenges
- Support Project Manager to manage Budget and develop short term and mid-term action plan for timely project delivery.
- Work closely with the project team and local stakeholders to ensure understanding of the project, timely and efficient communication between the project team and local stakeholder.
- Coordinate with local stakeholders, central office, colleagues and government agencies as and when required
- Conduct field visits to monitor and report "On-Farm" as well as "Off-Farm" livelihood activities, microenterprise and entrepreneurship initiatives under the project
- Identify risks, ensure quality delivery and communicate with the direct beneficiaries and their families
- Ensure effective documentation including record of meeting minutes, project activity reports (meeting, the workshop, etc.) and disseminate upon coordinators validation
- Support operational management of the project including planning logistics and communications to ensure full compliance PHASE Nepal and donor's financial and procurement procedures
- Ensure adherence to PHASE Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Code of Conduct and alert Project Manager in cases of violations of any of the policies.
- Support meeting donors' requirements, including procurement rules, reporting, and visibility requirements
Salary and Benefits:
Basic Salary: NPR. 44,970 /- per month
In addition to Basic Salary, we offer Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Allowances, Food and Field Allowances (in accordance with the remoteness of the workstation), Medical Insurance, and Accidental Insurance.
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM 26 May 2019.
|Agriculture + Livestock|
|Agriculture + Livestock|
|44970 NRs per month|
|Full Time / Contract|
|13 May, 19|
|26 May, 19|