Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Human Rights Advisor, and Human Rights Officer.
FHI 360 seeks above positions for an anticipated Human Rights Strengthening Program in Nepal, an additional component under Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) funded by USAID/Nepal. This program aims to strengthen human rights advocacy and support the local governments in developing a human rights-based approach to development.
1.Human Rights Advisor
Human Rights Advisor (HRA) is responsible to lead on designing and implementing the Human Rights Strengthening component of the project. The HRA will build a strong collaboration with project implementing partners, national human rights institutions and governments at federal, provincial and local level. The HRA is also responsible for providing technical knowledge and inputs to implementing partners and technical assistance/advice to Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks and other institutions.
- Lead the overall design and implementation of the Human Rights Strengthening component of CS:MAP.
- Monitor scope, work plans, timelines, budget, quality, risks, and issues and make recommendations for adjustments and mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Provide strategic guidance for the project to ensure efficient and timely delivery of related activities.
- Provide guidance to the team members and implementing partners for smooth implementation of the project.
- Provide expertise and knowledge on international human rights principles, human rights-based approach and practice to implementing partners, CSO groups and other agencies.
- Ensure collaboration among the major stakeholders to implement the project.
- Lead to develop work plans and reports and their timely submission.
- Ensure necessary collaboration with CS:MAP team and implementing partners to implement project.
- Develop, manage and maintain strategic partnerships among a variety of stakeholders, partners, governments, civil society and other related projects.
- Ensure that targets agreed upon with USAID are met on budget and on time.
- Identify and systematize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to project goals and activities.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement with both core and other strategic partners, providing them technical guidance and oversight to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Encourage the integration of inclusive participatory approaches in all areas of work to ensure local relevance and stakeholder ownership.
- Ensure that all project plans, objectives, policies, standards, procedures, and processes, plus any changes are communicated to all affected team members, stakeholders and leadership.
- Master’s degree in law or in a relevant field with specific understanding of human rights principles and practice in Nepal, and 8 years of experiences in the area of human rights work in a national and/or international organization.
- Strong knowledge on international and domestic human rights protection mechanisms and the role of national human rights institutions.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders including government agencies and constitutional bodies.
- Ability to lead and implement a project independently or with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge on working with USAID's project implementing system.
2.Human Rights Officer
Human Rights Officer will assist the HRA on designing and implementing the Human Rights Strengthening in Nepal program. The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge on designing and implementing different activities under the project in collaboration with implementing partners. The position is also responsible to feed necessary information to the implementing partners on content, process and tools related to the project implementation.
- Provide key support to HRA to design and implement the Human Rights Strengthening component of CS:MAP.
- Ensure regular communication and engagement with implementing partners to share project related requirements and updates. Additionally, maintain good communication with strategic organizations, and share project updates and information.
- Support to HRA on providing expertise and knowledges on international human rights principles, human rights-based approach and practice to implementing partners, CSO groups and other agencies.
- Contribute to project performance reports and ensure the timely reports and updates of the project from implementing partners.
- Management of grants with local partner organizations related to Human Rights Strengthening in Nepal program.
- Provide required assistance in drafting human rights advocacy materials and project related documents.
- Provide necessary support to management for selecting consultants required by project and engage with consultants and communicate with them for timely submission of their deliverables.
- Engage to plan and organize different events related to project at federal, provincial and local level.
- Draft program activity summaries and assist in coordination and finalization of reports and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or any relevant field with at least 4 years experience in human rights work in a national and/or international organization.
- Understanding of human rights international standards.
- Knowledge on human rights practice and situation in Nepal.
- Knowledge on human rights protection mechanisms and role of National Human Rights Commission in Nepal.
- Understanding on project management cycles and requirements.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. Thursday, October 25, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Oct, 18|
|25 Oct, 18|