Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB ADvert
Location: british gurkhas Kathmandu
req no: 01
(issued date: 21 Jun 2019)
Carry out repair, maintenance, inspection, servicing, trouble-shooting, diagnosing, fault-finding, adjusting, assembly, installation, and testing on a large variety of electrical facilities, equipment and systems and buildings in support of the DIO (Nepal) mission.
- Carry out all the necessary testing, inspection, repair and maintenance of the electrical installation in accordance with British Standard (BS).
- Interpret electrical drawings and produce the required task from these documents.
- Safely and efficiently operate small electrical portable power tools and static bench power tools (training will be provided if required).
- Carry out planned maintenance of electrical equipment, distribution systems, facilities and buildings including updating the Planned Maintenance Log Books.
- Carry out domestic and commercial (industrial) electrical wiring installation including testing and documentation.
- Work and organize own tasks, problems, rectification of faults using a range of technical knowledge including scope to make minor alterations to work processes to achieve quicker or better results with little or no supervision of line manager (Foreman).
- Decide methods of repair and materials needed for the task, the serviceability of equipment, to assist decision-making by Line Manager relating to operational or process matters considering Health and Safety aspect
- Apply little physical effort and normal dexterity to heavy physical effort or the very highest level of dexterity dependent upon the type of job.
- Work in workshops, noisy generator house, accommodation quarters, commercial buildings and hot and humid kitchens.
- Quality diagnostic work and/or remedial work involving the tracing of faults/malfunctions in complex equipment in water treatment production including bore hole, transfer, dosing and distribution, electricity generators and power control panel and minor repairs on boiler and CCTV.
Ideal candidate will display quality, efficiency, consistency in key areas of operation with organized approach. Should be able to produce standard work with minimum supervision within given time and should have understanding of the following:
Behavior: Changing and improving, Communicating and influencing, Working together
Strengths: Efficient, Responsible and Precise
(Please refer to the links at the bottom of this page for definition of behavior and strengths)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 02 years as Electrician’s mate/apprentice or similar experience in reputed company.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from CTEVT or reputed Technical School.
- Good spoken and written English Language required. (Will be tested during sift & interview)
- IT literate.
- Familiar with Health and Safety at Work.
Salary: NPR 64,100.00/month
Other benefits: Dashain Bonus, Gratuity, Provident Fund
Duty Hours: 40hrs a week
Leave: Annual 25 days, Public Holidays 10 days
Medical: 100% reimbursement for job holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms are available from Human Resources (HR) Office, British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan Lalitpur. Contact info: Tel No: 00977-01-4235260 or Click Here to download the application form. Applications must be fully completed and submitted to BGN HR Office via email: email@example.com by 08 Jul 2019. Applications without complete information will not be entertained. Interviews for candidates successful at sift will take place at British Gurkhas Kathmandu towards mid-July 2019
Please check that you have fully completed Part 1a, Part1c, Part 2a, Part 2b of this application. Submit this application, along with scanned copies (pdf/jpg) of documentary evidence (qualification, experience, and training) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails with a total size of large than 3MB will not be received. Applications received by any other means will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date and time listed on the advert will not be considered.
|Electronics / Electrical|
|64100 NRs per month|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|21 Jun, 19|
|08 Jul, 19|