Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Communications and Partnerships Specialist (national position)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal, with travel to districts
REPORTS TO: TBD
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. A 2014 report estimates that 230,000 Nepalis are subject to slavery at any given time, and nearly 30 percent of the economically-active population is unemployed or underemployed.1 The Hamro Samman project is a five-year program generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department For International Development and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the GON, civil society, and private sector to combat human trafficking in Nepal.
The Communications and Partnerships Specialist will enhance capacity of key stakeholders in developing and using traditional and social media communication tools and methods to promote behavior change for Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) outcomes. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing the project’s communication and outreach strategy and providing technical support to the project’s government, civil society and private sector partners on communications and outreach, including developing and implementing an effective behavior change communication strategy to help counter trafficking in persons. The Communications and Partnerships Specialist will oversee the project’s external communications.
Branding and Marking
- Ensure that all project deliverables for an external audience are appropriately branded and marked
- Ensure that all project staff and partners understand and adhere to USAID and DFID’s branding and marking requirements
- Develop and implement a behavior change campaign for the project aimed at addressing issues that will help to reducing human trafficking in foreign labor migration and the entertainment sector
- Manage Hamro Samman’s social media presence and provide technical support to project partners to build their social media presence
- Develop the project’s external communication materials including social media posts, press releases, taking photographs, banners, brochures and promotional materials
- Implement the project’s communication plan
- Liaise with media
- Take leadership on coordinating high profile project events ensuring their professionalism
- Develop strategic talking points and speeches
- Liaise with Winrock’s Home Office communications team in addressing all communication requirements for Hamro Samman
- Provide training to staff and partners on communications
- Take leadership role in identifying upcoming communication requirements of the projects and ensuring that activities are well documented and recorded
- Assist in preparing technical reports, quarterly and annual reports
- Support the project’s private sector engagement team and implementation of the private sector engagement partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Degree in communications, marketing, international development or related field
Technical: Minimum of 7 years of professional expertise in communications, marketing, public relations or behavioral change communication.
- Strong design, editing and visual communication experience
- Experience developing capacity building plans in communications research, behavior change, development communications; targeting a wide range of stakeholders such as local NGOs, media practitioners, youth groups.
- Experience developing communication and advocacy plans, materials, and methods, including monitoring the impact of these on target audiences.
- Ability to engage in desk research to determine communication themes and messaging for advocacy campaigns to prevent trafficking in persons
- Strong training and presentation skills, with the ability to represent the project in public forums
- Excellent networking skills and experience enlisting media practitioners and other key stakeholders in planning and executing major events and campaigns
- Experienced utilizing appropriate traditional and social media to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali required
- Excellent visual, design and formatting skills with strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Editor, Movie Maker and Powerpoint
- Technical experience or knowledge of human trafficking, labor migration and related themes preferred
Professionalism: Strong knowledge of the relevant technical areas.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style. Fluency in written in English.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze information and solve problems with excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line“Communications and Partnerships Specialist”, to email@example.com on or before July 19, 2019. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID, DFID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in person provisions covered in the project agreement.
|Please check vacancy details|
|02 Jul, 19|
|19 Jul, 19|