Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that:
Help citizens participate in their democracies
Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate
Strengthen government institutions
Since its found
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IFES Nepal provides technical assistance to the electoral cycle to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking applications from qualified, dynamic and competent candidates for a position of Receptionist/Office Secretary to handle the front office (reception) desk, support daily administrative functions and activities. This position will be under the supervision of the Administrative Manager and will be full-time based in Kathmandu.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage front office (reception) desk, including handling official calls (incoming and outgoing), maintenance of an effective filing system for all correspondence and receiving visitors;
- Arrange appointments for the Country Director, Deputy County Director and other senior staff;
- Coordinate the operational functions of the office through supervision of office cleaner, drivers, and office helpers;
- Coordinate transportation management including vehicle movement, transportation reservations, coordination of driver activities, and review of monthly vehicle log-books;
- Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international) including ticketing and booking hotel accommodations for IFES Nepal staff and international consultants;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for IFES events (training programs, workshops, seminars etc.);
- Provide with secretarial tasks including typing, translating, and formatting reports and documents;
- Maintain an inventory of all office supplies, such as stationery items, toners and other consumable items, including procurement when needed;
- Manage all official documents in a systematic filing system with the ability to produce documents in a timely manner; and
- Assist the Administrative Manager in carrying out daily administrative functions and activities and perform other related tasks as required by the County Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School (+2 or equivalent) qualification with secretarial management.
- Previous experience in handling front office (reception), administrative support duties, ideally working for an International NGOs or organization preferred
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both in written and verbal and excellent communication and translation skills; ability to type in Nepali preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Internet, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to show initiative, resourcefulness and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual who is willing and capable of working independently where necessary.
- Ability to prioritize, take direction, and remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their application and an updated CV with name of two references and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 4:00 PM, April 28, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a panel interview. Undue influence at any stage of the processes will lead to automatic disqualification. People with disability, women and candidates from marginalized groups are highly encouraged to apply.
|Front Office / Secretarial|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|16 Apr, 19|
|28 Apr, 19|