Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Title: Project Support Assistant (Engineer/Architect)
Duty station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Supervisor: Project Manager (FieldSight)
Duration: Initially for 6 months with a possibility of extension.
1. General Background of Project / Assignment
FieldSight is a technological platform developed by UNOPS in partnership with Nepal Innovation Lab and Miyamoto Relief that supports remote supervision and monitoring in order to improve quality and reduce risk on construction, humanitarian, and development projects. Through the delivery of educational guides, the creation and deployment of customized field assessments, and the ability to provide targeted feedback to specific sites and issues, FieldSight facilitates ongoing engagement between central offices and field sites, enabling monitoring, quality assurance, coaching, and capacity building. At the same time, by creating a central repository for data from multiple sites and projects, FieldSight also helps organizations to review progress across projects, regions, and countries. Targeted at organizations in the development and humanitarian sectors, FieldSight is an open-source platform that anyone can use to improve quality and project delivery.
The project is currently being implemented in over 40,000 sites over a 3 year period, inside and outside the country. It was developed in Nepal after the 2015 earthquake and has been piloted in over 14 projects through a duration of 16 months. Developed in the Nepal Innovation Lab, FieldSight had been piloted to conduct a village-scale Multi-Level Hazard Assessment for the National Reconstruction Authority, to monitor the construction of schools, outreach clinics and health posts constructed by World Vision International Nepal, Miyamoto Engineering, Monitoring of Policing Project under UNOPS and Nepal Police and to monitor the quality of earthquake reconstruction projects funded by UK DFID.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Support Assistant (Engineer/Architect) supports the deployment of FieldSight, a remote supervision application, with organizations throughout Nepal and internationally.
Project Support Assistant (Engineer/Architect) demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
FieldSight Project Support
- Plan, design and test surveys for FieldSight partners and clients for construction monitoring and a variety of other projects.
- Collaborate with the team members of FieldSight in the planning, implementation, andevaluation of surveys.
- Consult with clients to identify and determine survey needs, details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials.
- Direct updates and changes in survey implementation and methods.
- Assist coordination with relevant stakeholders to facilitate effective implementation of the program activities and the timely achievement of its objectives.
- Assist to coordinate and communicate activities with field level implementing partners.
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could hinder the progression of the project and communicate these items with the Project Manager, to identify potential solutions
- Track the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task.
- Check regularly that every deadline is met, and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Respond to enquiries from clients about the project, maintaining a lively relationship and liaise orally and in writing with partners, and other individuals about the project.
- Assist to organize and participate in field visits in the course of implementation of project activities.
- Provide support for archiving of project documents produced by the project.
- Attend meeting and prepare meeting minutes when required.
- Translate English training materials into Nepali, as needed
- Other ad hoc duties as advised from time to time.
Coordination and Liaison
- Coordination within the FieldSight Team and Naxa.
- Coordination with relevant implementing units and other agencies/clients/partners.
- Maintain close communication with the relevant stakeholders to ensure project implementation;
- Provide inputs and suggestions as appropriate to streamline workflows/business processes and document templates/formats;
- Carryout the necessary logistic and administrative arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars and training activities as per the work plan.
4. Qualifications and Experience/Languages
- High school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in civil engineering, architecture or related field will be preferred and may be considered in lieu of the requirement of the high school diploma and relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience at national or international levels in the relevant field of civil engineering architecture, especially in preparation of construction technical documentation;
- Experience in working in complex environments and infrastructure, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision.
- At least 1 years’ experience in providing training support in the areas of logistics arrangements, documentation and general secretariat support is required;
- A bachelor's or a master's degree may substitute for some or all the required years of experience respectively;
- Experience in doing translation of surveys, documents, assessments and interpretation during training and deployment of the platform is required
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required
- Proficiency in English is required. Other linguistic ability is highly preferred.
- Understanding of project framework and environment;
- Excellent English skills, both verbally and in writing, local languages an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals;
- Ability to plan and organize tasks effectively;
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to Learn Willingness to learn and openness to suggestions for self-improvement;
- Result Orientation Self-motivated, ability to take on ownership of actions, and provide flexible and effective solutions to challenging situations;
- Teamwork Skills Ability to build and sustain effective work relationship with subordinates and peers to achieve common goal;
- Client Focus. Ability to demonstrate and have a conducive attitude to serving others and ensuring Client or Partner satisfactio
Interested candidates may send their CV along with cover letter to email@example.com
|Engineering - Architecture|
|B.E. in Civil|
|31 Oct, 18|
|30 Nov, 18|