Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Functional Title: Programme Officer (MEAL & Comms)
Base Location: Kathmandu with Extensive Field Visit
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator (PC)
Contract Duration: 12 months Fixed Term Contract (Renewable based on availability of funds)
About the Organization
As an independent Humanitarian and Development organization, Islamic Relief has been serving humanity for 32 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for the three billion people living in poverty.
Islamic Relief started its operations in Nepal as humanitarian response to the 2015 mega earthquake and has since been supporting/working with partners to provide life-saving and recovery support to the disaster affected population. Post-earthquake Islamic Relief is working on building community resilience through need based integrated development programmes.
Programme Officer (MEAL & Comms) is a key national staff position for Islamic Relief Nepal. S/he will be managing programmatic MEAL, knowledge management, internal and external evaluations, donor reporting. S/he will develop communication materials for internal and external audience. S/he will support programme team in developing Project Proposals/Concept Notes. The position will also be responsible for capacity building of the program team and maintaining and strengthening collaboration between M&E, program staff, and management to ensure that high quality and timely reports are generated and program decisions are made based on evidenced established through M&E.
As gender and social inclusion (GESI), safeguarding, CHS and governance cross-cutting components of all Islamic Relief program(s), the position is required to own these components and ensure its integrated into his/her work area.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The specific responsibilities of the Programme Officer (MEAL &Comms) includes, but are not limited to, the following:
A. MEAL (50%):
- Set up MEAL system in projects and at country office level in line with Islamic Relief Global Meal framework.
- Maintain centralized project data base/MIS.
- Ensure project database (beneficiary detail, case studies, photographs, videos, best practices, etc.) are well maintained by the IP. Ensure data privacy.
- Conducting needs assessments, beneficiary satisfaction survey, post distribution monitoring, baseline and end line surveys and internal/external evaluations.
- Support the Programme Coordinator/Safeguarding lead in ensuring CHS and Safeguarding compliances including Complaint Response Mechanism.
- Support in organizing the Project Steering Committee Meetings and thematic technical group meetings.
- Support Programme team in preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly project review reports, Annual and technical reports to fulfill the Islamic Relief Nepal internal, Government and donor requirements.
- Support to organize meetings, LLW workshops and other information dissemination events with different stakeholders to promote knowledge sharing with counterparts and stakeholders.
- Support the Programme Coordinator in organizing CPAC/RMPAC meetings.
B. Resource Mobilization (20%):
- Track fundraising opportunities and develop fundraising materials as required.
- Support Programmes in the development of relevant project proposal in coordination with Technical and Finance leads.
- Support Programmes in developing proposal bank, Master Logframe, budgets in coordination with technical and finance leads.
- Assess the capacity development needs and organize consultations with staff and partners for providing capacity development training, workshops, orientation and sensitization.
C. Project Cycle Management (20%):
- Support Implementing Partner (IP) in implementation of project activities in line with Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) via collaboration and coordination, field visits and other technical inputs as required.
- Coordinate and work with program team at Country and field level & partners to identify and prioritize the field activities based on DIP and project agreements.
- Mentor and build the technical capacity of implementing partner staff via. training and regular support to effectively implement the project activities and achieve the highest quality standards.
- Prepare monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the DIP.
- Guide Implementing Partner’s Programme Staffs in developing field manuals, process documentations as required for the project implementation.
- Maintain all programme management & partnership documents and contracts both soft and paper documents.
D. Communication and Coordination (10%):
- Support documentation of good practice, lessons learnt, human interest stories, picture stories etc related to different projects.
- Support in managing IRW social media platform in coordination with Program Coordinator and technical leads (Facebook, Twitter,etc).
- Develop communication material for IRW internal Global updates as well as content for the IRW website.
- Participate in coordination meetings, working group meetings and other meetings as required in national and local levels.
- Ensure various periodic reporting’s to the HQ
- Deliver high quality results in line with the terms of reference agreed in advance.
- Conduct/facilitate staff trainings including partners on safeguarding and child protection and any other relevant issues from time to time.
- Represent Islamic Relief Worldwide on the subject in various forums at different level.
- Undertake any other programme related activities assigned by the programme coordinator/HOM.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Head of Mission, Programme Coordinator, Technical Specialists, Senior Finance & Admin Officer.
- External: Local partner staff, community members, Government, Consultants, NGOs, Donors.
Qualification & Experience for this position:
- Minimum bachelor degree (Preferably Post Graduate)in Social Sciences, Rural Development/Social Work, or any relevant discipline with minimum 3 years of experience working with I/NGO in the field.
- Demonstrable experience in handling data base and conducting research studies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Nepali using Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Knowledge of using research tools (SPSS, KOBO etc).
- Demonstrable experience in designing Concept Note/Project Proposals, donor reports and communication materials.
- Understanding of Development issues and Humanitarian Response.
- Understanding on inclusion and intersectionality approach
- You are honest, transparent, and accountable, dedicated and show integrity in your words and actions.
- Self starter and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress level.
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office.
- You are dedicated and disciplined to see a task completed to the end.
- You excel at and enjoy creative problem solving and planning as well as tactical administrative functions.
- You demonstrate the ability and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, “can do”, entrepreneurial environment and contribute to team synergy.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
|Contract to Perm|
|Please check vacancy details|
|02 Dec, 19|
|16 Dec, 19|