1. Promote inclusive and enterprise-driven economic growth
2. Strengthen governance of public service delivery
3. Foster resilience in local communities
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal strives to graduate from LDC to middle-income country status in 2030. The excessive focus of Nepal’s development paradigm on socio-political empowerment, however, has not yielded the desired economic transformation. Daayitwa, with focus on economic empowerment, envisions an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future and operates three clusters that strive to:
- Promote inclusive and enterprise-led economic growth
- Strengthen governance of inclusive enterprise ecosystem
- Bolster community engagement for enhanced livelihoods
- Rural Enterprise Acceleration Program (REAP) An Overview.
Rural Enterprise Acceleration Program (REAP), a signature program of Daayitwa, accelerates the growth of rural growth-oriented micro and small enterprise (MSEs) towards high-growth investment-worthy small enterprises. After three stages of shortlisting, entrepreneurs are selected for a 1-year accelerator support that leverages a blend of technical and leadership interventions, including seed funding, training, mentorship and networking. Since 2014, REAP has been supporting 45 entrepreneurs in 4 districts – Gulmi and Palpa in Province 5 and Makwanpur and Ramechhap in Province 3.
REAP project officer will be responsible for program implementation and coordination of various program interventions at Daawitwa program districts. The person will play a critical co-designing the program with the management team. The project officer will be responsible for working with the field officers, coordinate with other program departments and lead a strategy for better communications within organization and partnering agencies. This position reports to the Manager of the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Work together with the REAP team to create district specific policies, strategies and methodologies for program implementation in different districts.
- Research best practices in entrepreneurship and create unique business models and business strategies for different program districts based on their needs.
- Conduct frequent field visits to the program districts and identify the right stakeholders, negotiate program implementation strategy with them, network with local authorities, monitor and evaluate the programs.
- Organize and coordinate various entrepreneurship and leadership trainings in the program districts.
- Communicate and negotiate with our program partners such as the commercial banks, donor agencies, Ministry of Industry, FNCCI.
- Maintain regular communication with our district partners, provide them program specific guidance, receive updates from them, and communicate the updates with the program team.
The Project Manager of REAP provides supervision nevertheless the position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Understanding of economic and social issues related to entrepreneurship, knowledge of financial and banking sector in Nepal
- Independence in working on complex problems while consistently applying creativity and independent judgment in the matter
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and drive for results are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Nepali
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelors in Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, or relevant field of social science with 1-2 years of work experience is preferred
- Experience and ability of working in the rural districts and/ or willingness to do so is a must
|Full Time / Contract|
|01 Feb, 19|
|25 Feb, 19|