Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Position: Project Manager
Based in: Kathmandu – 50%, Province 2 – 50%
Duration: 1 year, with possible extension up to 5 years.
Reports to: Programme Manager
PIN started its operations in Nepal in 2015 following the earthquake. PIN Nepal has been working in camp management, shelter, protection and other sectors for the past three years. PIN Nepal is currently looking for a qualified and competent Project Manager to lead a five-year program “Leave No Girl Behind” funded by the Girls’ Education Challenge. The project will be implemented by two local partner organizations, with strong emphasis on literacy, numeracy and social norms transformation. Within the structure, there will be two Project Managers, of which one will be working with one local partner on literacy, numeracy, and working with local authorities and communities, and the other will be working on life skills development and school based programming. Both will be required to work closely with each other.
Project Manager (PM) ensures timely and high quality project delivery by one of two local partners. Under the management and guidance of Programme Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible to lead, manage and support Project Coordinators and Officers in the implementation of their respective parts of the project. The responsibilities will include: staff management and support, coordination with the other Project Manager and other team members, ensuring the project abides by PIN’s and donor’s policies, thorough monitoring of and coordination with the partner organization in the field, reporting from the field, coordination with MEAL team, admin, finance, logistics, communications and other departments and external stakeholders.
- Ensure project short, mid and long term plans are met, supporting Programme Manager in filling out Indicator Tracking Table, Gantt Chart, work plans, budget, procurement plans and other tools for timely project delivery.
- Work closely with the local partner and PIN’s project team to ensure high quality of project delivery and thorough understanding of the project within partner and PIN team.
- Manage a diverse team of staff, manage and report conflict, report any other issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with and support MEAL team and external evaluator in data collection.
- Ensure timely and effective communication within the team and with external stakeholders, providing relevant information to the Programme Manager in a timely manner.
- Timely identify risks and pro-actively manage them; gather and share security information.
- Support report development.
Project Operations Management
- Supporting operational management of the project including following financial, admin, logistics, communications tasks to ensure full compliance with PIN's and donor's financial and procurement procedures.
- Monitor staff and partners’ adherence to PIN’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, PIN’s Code of Conduct, with special attention to Child Protection and Do No Harm policies; immediate reporting of any complaints and issues.
- Support technical development and capacity building of partner organisations.
Required skills, experience and knowledge
- At least 2 years of demonstrated work experience with an I/NGO in one or more of the following areas: girls' empowerment, education, literacy, informal education, life skills, child protection, social norms, and/or gender-transformative programming.
- Experience managing and monitoring projects implemented by local partners and in remote locations.
- Experience in coordination with local authorities.
- Experience in data collection and support of report development.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams, building and maintaining strong relationships with the project team.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Detail orientation and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the languages spoken in Province 2.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and social norms in programming.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter including two reference contacts from last two employments and telephone contact by email to email@example.com by 31st August 2018 (COB). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Dalit and Janajati candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Please check vacancy details|
|02 Aug, 18|
|31 Aug, 18|