SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors.
We work with governments,
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Project Leader for Renewable Energy
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV has been working in Nepal since 1980 and is active in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
SNV is seeking qualified Nepalese for Project Leader position to implement a Renewable Energy project funded by EnDev in Sudur Paschim and Karnali Province of Nepal. The Project Leader works under the close guidance and supervision of SNV Nepal Country Director or his/her designate. To successfully implement the project, he/she will actively collaborate with private companies and cooperatives; (local) financial institutions and local partners; and federal, provincial and local government including the Alternative Energy promotion Centre (AEPC).
The scope of the activities and responsibilities of the Project Leader include the following:
- Ensure effective promotion of higher tier Improved cook stoves (including operation of a scheme for results-based financing (RBF) for private companies) and Pico Hydro Rural Electrification Projects in project areas.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (EnDev Nepal, Alternative Energy Promotion Centre (AEPC), Local Government, private sector) for effective project implementation
- Monitor and supervise the implementation activities undertaken by Local Service Provider
- Prepare plans and reports for submission to SNV, donor and government
- Work as a Project Manager and manage day to day office administration and finance according to SNV rules and regulations.
- Recruit any short term personnel according to the project document.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the staff assigned for the project
- Carry any other assignment as and when required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Renewable energy.
- At least seven years of experience working in Renewable Energy Projects particularly in Improved Cook stoves and Micro/Pico Hydro Technologies
- At least three years of experience working at local level preferable in Sudur Paschim Province and Karnali Province
- At least two years of project management experience
- Experience with the application of schemes for result-based finance will be an advantage
- Good command of written and oral English and Nepali.
Period of Performance: up to 31 March 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type : National Employment Contract (full time)
Required Number of Position: 1
Duty Station: 50% Kathmandu and 50% Sudur Paschim Province
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV with cover letter by clicking on the “I’m interested “ button in the following link https://smrtr.io/3zZpJ before 20 November 2019.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Nov, 19|
|20 Nov, 19|