Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Vacancy announcement for Project Coordinator (PC)
FORWARD Nepal is a non-profit making, service-oriented, non-governmental organization and committed to contribute to the socio-economic development of the disadvantaged groups and rural poor through integrated and sustainable development interventions. As local implementing partner,it is going to implement a project in Sunsari district with the support from Plan International Nepal, entitled "School Safety Initiative for Strengthening Community Resilience to Disaster in Sunsari Project". For this project, FORWARD Nepal is looking for a ProjectCoordinator. Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV and motivation letter until 18 January 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Terms of Reference for the Project Coordinator is given below.
Job title: Project Coordinator (PC)
Duty Station: FORWARD Nepal Project Office Itahari, Sunsari
Working Area: Project areas in Sunsari district
Duration: Initially up to June 30, 2019 with the possibility of extension until March 2021)
Benefit: As per project rule
Responsible to: Directly to the Project Liaison Person (PLP) at FORWARD Head Office, and indirectly to the Thematic Coordinator Plan International Nepal, Area Office, Itahari for the project implementation and reporting.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Science/Disaster Risk Management and Reduction, or equivalent in relevant subject
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of Disaster Risk Management preferably to safe school model
- Experience of working with children, youth, Schools, SMC/PTA, LDMCs, local governmentsand DDMC
- Proven experience in project cycle management with excellent planning, implementation, M&E and reporting.
- Sound understanding of disaster risk reduction and management in education sector and local government.
- Have an experience and ideas of local disaster and climate resilience planning, school disaster risk management planning, family preparedness and response planning, gender sensitive school WASH and idea of video documentation and small scale construction works for resilience.
- Ability in project leadership, critical thinking and making rational decision and resource mobilization
- Ability to coordinate with local government for project collaboration and partnership.
- Proficiency in English and Nepali Language
- Ability in training facilitation and networking
- Good user of MS word, excel and power point and should have both English and Nepali typing.
- Must have two wheelers driving license
- In close coordination with PLP and Thematic Coordinator of funding agencies, manage project cycle of safe school initiatives for community resilience to disaster.
- Prepare detail implementation plan and detail break down of financial planning of the project with support of Finance Officer.
- Coordinate and collaborate local government and schools for comprehensive safe school model in the project area.
- Lead and provide expert services on climate smart safe school and resilience.
- Ensure gender transformative approach for safe school in the project area.
- Mobilize project resources including consultant to ensure safe learning environment to children and provide an opportunity to girls and boys to foster their capacity for resilience.
- Support to prepare girls and boys led video production and DRR awareness raising events.
- Participate on the behalf of FORWARD Nepal in different meetings, workshops and seminars at local, provincial and national level.
- Prepare term of reference (ToR) for consultancy service as required for safe school initiatives projects.
- Develop different trainings on safe school and local disaster and climate resilience and facilitate these as per project need.
- Ensure quality and compliance of the project along financial control of the safe school initiatives project in Sunsari district
- Manage of project information and prepare quality reports as per donor's requirements.
Candidate can download FORWARD Nepal’s standard application form from www.forwardnepal.org/announcements and must send back to FORWARD Nepal after dully filled the form. Completed application forms with a cover letter should be sent by e-mail at email@example.com latest by 18 January, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in written test and interview within a week.
We encourage applications from women and marginalized groups.
|Please check vacancy details|
|13 Jan, 19|
|18 Jan, 19|
|FORWARD Nepal Project Office Itahari, Sunsari|
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Post address: FORWARD Nepal, Bharatpur-2, Chitwan