SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors.
We work with governments,
For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV has been working in Nepal since 1980 and is active in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
SNV Nepal is seeking qualified young and energetic Nepalese for Finance Administrator Position.
Overview of the Position
The Finance Administrator is responsible for all day to day financial/accounting transaction including petty cash & bank reconciliations, monthly salary processing and VAT Refund of country office. S/he will prepare payment and receipt vouchers, including preparation of monthly financial reports. S/he reports to the Country Finance Manager (CFM) of SNV Nepal.
The position holder will perform all tasks and responsibilities as per SNV’s internal control procedures and procurement guidelines and also as per Donor’s reporting guidelines within the framework of Project’s Key Performance Indicator.
Currently SNV uses SAP Business By Design for its financial administration, time registration and project management. SAP Business By Design (SbD) is software as a service sold by SAP. It is a cloud based enterprise resource planning (ERP). The Finance Administrator will be using SbD for day to day financial/accounting transactions and reporting.
Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
- In close coordination with the CFM, ensure that SNV financial policies and procedures are correctly applied in day to day financial transactions.
- Follow compliance procedures to make sure that transactions comply with established SNV, Donor and Government’s rules, regulations and laws
Accounting (Book Keeping)
- Responsible for day to day financial administration (prepare payment, receipt and adjustment entries/vouchers). Side by side make entries in SbD following the authorised instruction/ procedures by the SNV corporate office; checks on accurate booking of expenditure following project budget line, expenditure booking procedures and General Ledger (GL) Codes.
- Verify and ensure all the expenditure are back up by proper supporting documents.
- Upload all the relevant supporting documents in SbD while processing for payments.
- Check travel and other expenses claim of staff in SbD as well as hard copy. Ensure all the claimed expenses are backup by proper supporting documents and uploaded in SbD.
- Manage and maintain finance related files in line with audit compliance, Internal Control Framework (ICF) and archiving procedures
Cash and Bank
- Manage petty cash for small frequent payments to the suppliers/ service providers for office running utilities and facilities
- Deal with the bank as necessary, including monitoring the balances in the bank; checking the Bank Balance every day. Report balance figure to the CFM every end of week.
- Ensure that payments and other financial transactions are done in a timely and efficient manner;
- Prepare Bank and Cash Reconciliations monthly and report to the CFM
- Follow up on all outstanding checks to ensure that no cheque remains outstanding more than 30 days.
Reporting / Control
- Responsible for checking and consolidating financial and non-financial data in the project administrations.
- Monitor advances/outstanding (taken by staff, consultants and vendors) and do necessary follow up in timely manner for the settlement of advances. Makes sure no advance outstanding more than 30 days old.
- Assist CFM on preparing/ updating internal and external financial reports in a prescribed format following internal control procedures of SNV and Donor.
- Follow monthly closure timeline for booking expenditures and making correction if required, in SAP Business by design.
- Inform Finance Manager monthly of variance between internal budget and expenditures, indirect costs, or unbillable costs sharing to the projects;
TDS (Tax Deduction at Source)
- Deduct the TDS while making payment as for GoN rules and regulation.
- Makes sure all the TDS (direct and indirect) are correctly withhold as per tax law and process to deposit in the tax office in time.
VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Makes sure Value Added Tax (VAT) refund processed correctly and submit refund request to the Inland Revenue Office regularly as established time line.
- Prepare overview of VAT refund claim and its status.
- Support Operations Manager on preparing monthly salary.
- Work closely with the Project Administrators to share and communicate any findings related on financial and non-financial transactions and follow-up as to know all understood the issue and findings same way.
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, confirm administrative procedures and filing procedures as laid down in Internal Control Framework (ICF) and local law/instructions
- Act as Project Administrator in his/her absent.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, in Business Administration, Finance or relevant field.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience related to accounting and finance management in a multi-cultural environment with three (3) years working experience in international organisations
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance to existing organisational systems, processes and procedures
- Strong knowledge of VAT refund process.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and budgeting
- Strong knowledge of tax rules and regulation of Government of Nepal
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations
- Hands on knowledge in SAP Business by Design will be added advantage
- Good communication and representation skills and fluency in written and oral English and Nepali
- Strong IT skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with Donor funded programme/project will be an added advantage;
- Aspiring for good service delivery with strong people centred skills, and interpersonal skills, committed, pro-active and dynamic
Contract Type: Employment Contract
Contract Duration : Initial 1 Year with 6 month probation period (extendable based on performance and budget availability)
Expected Start Date : As soon as possible
Duty Station : SNV Nepal Country Office, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur
How to Apply: If you are interested, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter on the link below by 27 January 2019.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
|Finance & Administration|
|BBA / BBM|
|08 Jan, 19|
|27 Jan, 19|
|SNV Nepal Country Office, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur|