Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
The Nepal School Safety Project (NSSP) is one of six projects that comprise the DFID ‘Strengthening Disaster Resilience in Nepal’ programme. Collectively, these projects look to achieve: Increased preparedness and improved capacity of disaster management systems and to build resilience to minimise the impact of natural hazards in Nepal
The Nepal Safer Schools Project (NSSP) aims to increase school safety in the mid and far west of Nepal. Through retrofitting and reconstruction, disaster risk reduction education, and institutionalisation with the Government of Nepal, the NSSP will look to make 200-250 schools safe learning environments.
The NSSP is managed by a consortium of Crown Agents, National Society for Earthquake Technology (NSET), Save the Children and Ove Arup. This recruitment is being managed by Crown Agents and the successful candidate will be hired on a Crown Agents project staff contract.
Nepal Safer School Project is looking for a dynamic professional to take over the role of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
Appointment: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, NSSP
Reports to: Team Leader
Terms of employment: Fixed Term/Project Employment Contract
Location: NSET Office, Bhainsepati, Lalitpur, Khatmandu
2. Duties and responsibilities
The MEL Manager is responsible for the development, establishment and upkeep of the project monitoring and evaluation and learning systems in collaboration with all consortium partners, and report on Project activities, outputs and outcomes in required reporting formats. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and provide recommendations to the Team Leader of all existing MEL tools and materials developed throughout the project’s inception phase;
- Identifying the key baseline and detailed progress indicators for monitoring and evaluation through the duration of the project;
- Establishing project indicators to measure longer term impact of the project;
- Identifying and developing with the partners a centralised coordinated database for recording and reporting detailed project data and information against the agreed indicators;
- Managing and ensuring detailed data is collected and recorded in time with project activities and analysed to be actively used in influencing decision making throughout the project cycle;
- Providing/ensuring training, capacity building in data collection, monitoring and analysis for project partners at national, regional and local level; and
- Developing effective working relationships with the Department of Education and the Ministry of Education to ensure data collected is in keeping with their needs and expectations;
- Analysing with consortium partners project progress and achievements and provide concise factual reports to project partners and donors;
- Developing and updating reporting formats and time frames in collaboration with all project partners; and,
- In collaboration with Project team members, provide the drafting, collation and compilation of base text and data necessary for inclusion in reporting deliverables, including the quarterly report.
In addition to working with, and reporting to the Team Leader, the MEL Manager will work closely with regional staff members in each district to substantiate the monitoring and evaluation system with strong, reliable data.
A strong team player, the MEL Manager will need to be flexible and able to make visits to the Palikas and school sites and work sensitively in response to the changing political environment and the Project’s needs.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Sep, 19|
|04 Oct, 19|