Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Act to End Neglected Tropical Disease |East Nepal program
Position Description of Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
RTI International is seeking a qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (M&E Assistant) for Act to End NTDs | East program to be based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases | East is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that supports national governments to reach their control and elimination goals for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) through proven, cost-effective public health interventions. Act to End NTDs |East (2018-2023) is led by RTI International, with a consortium of partners including The Carter Center, Fred Hollows Foundation, IMA World Health, Light for the World, Results for Development, Save the Children, Sight savers, and WI-HER.
The M&E Assistant will support quality data collection, analysis, and reporting in Nepal under the USAID-funded Act to End NTDs | East program. She/he will provide first-line review for the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program performance and results for country-led activities and assist in facilitating learning using those results. This role requires regular program data analysis and identifying areas for additional support. The M&E Assistant will work closely with M&E Coordinator to identify how results will be used for program improvement through programmatic adaptation. This position will report to the M&E Coordinator.
The successful candidate must have robust excellent data management and analysis skills, strong attention to detail, and comfort working with large amounts of data at the same time. This individual must be able to collaborate respectfully with multiple team members from diverse backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data collection, monitoring, and reporting(70%)
- Supports M&E activity tracking, including that activities, are implemented in accordance with approved work plan and budget.
- Performs first line data reviews for specific program activities (e.g. surveys, mass drug administration, training) to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- During routine and ongoing data review, communicates any problems with data quality to the M&E Coordinator to ensure accurate data collection and reporting.
- Fills out routine project reporting tools and forms according to the program schedule (work planning, two semi-annual reporting periods, and additional as needed), collaborating with the M&E Coordinator.
- Draft accurate and timely responses to ad hoc data requests.
- Supervise various field activities to support high quality data collection and reporting, including the use of electronic data capture (EDC), identifying any challenges and providing on-the-spot solutions.
Survey development, implementation, and analysis (20%)
- Assist developing protocols and reports for disease-specific assessments, data analysis to inform action-oriented conclusions, and the application of learning in collaboration with country stakeholders including MOHPand implementing NGOs or government agencies.
- Support the submission of survey outputs which include, but are not limited to, survey reports, raw survey data, and clean datasets.
- Assist to draft the development of protocols and reports for data quality activities, including but not limited to data quality assessments, treatment coverage evaluation surveys, and supervisors’ coverage tools in collaboration with survey implementers and government counterparts.
- Support disease specific assessment outcome evaluations in collaboration with (MOHP/NTD focal persons/COP, PM, M&E Coordinator)
Program learning and adaptation through data use(10%)
- Support (COP/PM/M&E Coordinator) in ensuring coordination with stakeholders’ (Ministry/partner/etc.) agreement on protocols for data collection and reporting, as well as survey design and implementation.
- Support in review of country-level work plans and semi-annual reports to ensure they appropriately incorporate the relevant data, including accurate and high quality reporting and using data to inform strategy and activities.
- Conduct initial analysis project M&E data to identify trends/patterns/outliers (e.g., low-performing districts) to discuss with (COP/PM/M&E Coordinator).
- Assist stakeholders to regularly input information into and use the national data storage platform, such as the Integrated NTD Database, including using it to submit high quality data to WHO (including Joint Application Package [JAP], and elimination dossiers), etc.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, bio-statistics plus minimum 1 year of experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (required).
- Experience managing electronic data capture and working with real-time monitoring of data. (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multitasking and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality, within tight timelines and capacity to priorities activity.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of integrity.
- Competency in English. (required)
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and a resume with contact information to Act to End Neglected Tropical Disease (NTDs) | East, Nepal program, Hall #202, Oasis Complex, PatanDhoka, Lalitpur or email to ActEastNepal@np-ntd.rti.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Deadline is Monday, 18 November 2019, however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at http://www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.
|Please check vacancy details|
|01 Nov, 19|
|18 Nov, 19|