Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (national position)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal, with travel to 10 project districts
REPORTS TO: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
CONTRACT LENGTH:12 months
Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. A 2014 report estimates that 230,000 Nepalis are subject to slavery at any given time, and nearly 30 percent of the economically-active population is unemployed or underemployed.1 The Hamro Samman project is a five-year program generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department For International Development and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the GON, civil society, and private sector to combat human trafficking in Nepal.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in execution of M&E activities as per the project’s MEL plan. The M&E Assistant will support in monitoring of project activities, maintenance of an updated project database in a web based information management system, providing technical support to improve quality of project data, measurement of project performance, documentation of project results and learning, and timely accomplishment of all M&E related project reporting requirements.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist to review and update of project MEL plan and to implement M&E activities.
- Assist in design of methodologies for monitoring and evaluation of the project, mechanisms for assuring quality in implementation of project activities, methods for measuring project performance and results, and procedures for project documentation and reporting.
- Assist in development of data collection/recoding and analysis tools, monitoring checklists and reporting templates for the project and partners.
- Ensure for timely collection and verification of project data to measure project progress, performance and results with support to appropriately analyse and efficiently flow the data or information between project team and partners.
- Monitor quality of project activities implementation against pre-set quality benchmarks, prepare and share reports on the monitoring findings, and conduct follow-up monitoring on previously agreed action points for quality improvements
- Integrate ICT solutions for improved data collection, analysis and reporting to strengthen project M&E system as well as of partners providing technical support for integration of realtime upload of accurate data into the project database (DevResults) and project supported data systems (VCMS, Integrated TIP data platform)
- Maintain an up to date project database (DevResults) with accurate data on implementation of project activities and measurement of project performance
- Support partners to maintain an up to date project supported data systems (VCMS, Integrated TIP data platform) with accurate data
- Assist in timely preparation and submission of project reports and datasets as per the reporting requirements for the project
- Gather evidence, prepare documentation and file supporting documents of all the data maintained in the project database and/or reported by the project
- Ensure in data quality assurance of all the data collected, analysed and reported by the project and its partners to USAID, DFID, GON, and other agencies/organizations.
Evaluation and Learning:
- Conduct periodic reviews on project progress and performance with project team and partners, collect feedbacks and recommendations for the project, and document learning outcomes.
- Assist in analysis of data from project database and other sources, sharing of the information or learning obtained from the data and its analysis, and maximizing usage of the information or learning.
- Assist in conducting assessments and research carried out under the project as per requirement and in documentation of progress on the project’s learning agenda
- Identify, document and share about project performance, learning and best practices to inform adaptive project management and report on the project’s learning agenda
- Assist in development, publication and dissemination of learning materials
Collaboration and coordination:
•Assist in capacity building of project team and partners in use of the methodologies, tools, templates and procedures for project data collection/recording, verification, analysis and reporting
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information management, statistics, mathematics, development studies, social work or related fields.
Minimum of 3 years of professional expertise in web based MIS and relevant software.
- At least two years of relevant experience in data management, monitoring and evaluation for development projects and/or I/NGOs.
- Previous experience in operation web based MIS (DevResults), and software
- Knowledge about results based monitoring and evaluation, research, qualitative and quantitative data, database management and data visualization, counter trafficking in persons, human rights, labor rights, migration, governance and gender equality and social inclusion.
- Previous experience working in USAID and/or DFID projects preferred.
- Good skills in operation of MIS systems as DevResults and software as SPSS, NVivo, and GIS preferred.
- Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills with ability to coordinate and liaise with multiple partners and stakeholders to collect and share data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English are required.
Professionalism: Strong knowledge of the relevant technical areas.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Nepali and English, including the ability to coordinate and liaise with multiple partners and stakeholders.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze information and solve problems with excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant”, to HamroSammanJobs@winrock.org on or before August 23, 2019. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID, DFID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
|Please check details below.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Aug, 19|
|23 Aug, 19|