Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
ICS Volunteer ( Team Leader/ Action Learner)
VSO Nepal is currently looking for highly motivated and passionate candidates for volunteering positions for Action Learners and Team Leaders to be a part of the ICS programme, which will run from January to March 2020.
VSO is the world’s largest leading independent international development organisation whose vision is “A fair world for everyone”. Our purpose creating lasting change through volunteering. We have been in Nepal since 1964 to improve the lives of people in some of the districts.
What is ICS?
- International Citizen Service (ICS) is a volunteering programme for 18-25 year olds, led by VSO and funded by the UK Government
- ICS brings together young people from the UK and Nepal to make a difference in some of the communities in Nepal for 12 weeks
- It promotes intercultural dialogue, sharing and learning between young people from the UK and Nepal
- It is demanding but hugely rewarding. It is a great opportunity for personal development, a stepping stone to future career and a
- Chance to make your world a better place
Currently, we are implementing ICS in Dhading, Lamjung and Surkhet with projects focused on themes of Inclusive Education and Resilience working alongside local NGO partners. Action Learners and Team Leaders will be placed in host-homes during the entire cycle working alongside UK counterparts. This is a fully-funded programme and we will cover all your food, accommodation and transportation costs.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and not a paid position.
Who Can Take Part?
- Any Nepali who falls under the age bracket of 18 – 25
- No skills or qualification required but an adequate level of spoken English is preferred
- Committed to volunteer for a 12 weeks
- We look for youths who are flexible, adaptable, team players committed to learning and sensitive to the needs of others
- Strong desire to work in the development sector
- Must be 23 – 35 years of age
- Experience of working with and supporting youth from a varied background
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Commitment to working in a rural environment for 16 weeks
- Ability to plan logically and efficiently and managing a varied workload
- Possess good verbal and written English
- Strong desire to work in the development sector and support youths
Please click the following link for further details on the post https://drive.google.com/open?id=12fpAEdAByX-IeNJOEXAe_wzrCbqr1_rD
If you’re interested in applying for this role, Please fill in the application form at https://apply.volunteerics.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|19 Nov, 19|
|18 Dec, 19|