Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Transport the project staff safely to various destinations, as assigned.
- Maintain proper and accurate records on vehicle movements.
- Clean and check the assigned project vehicle daily to ensure smooth operation of the vehicle.
- Check the vehicle oil gauge, radiator, brake fluid, tires, lights, and signals regularly.
- Inform the Procurement and Logistics Officer of any problems arising/observed related to the vehicles in a timely fashion so that such problems can be rectified promptly.
- Drive the project vehicle carefully and safely at all times and observe traffic rules and safety regulations at all times. The driver is expected to request that passengers use their seat belts at all times inside the project vehicle.
- Dispatch mail/correspondences for the project when necessary.
- Comply with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics in all activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record required.
- At least 5 years of driving experiences in donor funded projects.
- Professional proficiency in English and Nepali required.
The Driver/Messenger will report to Administrative Officer.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal with a start date of August 15, 2019 or before. This position may require periodic travel outside Kathmandu.
Chemonics International Inc. seek to Driver/Messenger for its USAID funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nepal.
To apply please email your CVand application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28, 2019 by 5:00 pm. Late applications may not be considered for evaluation. Only shortlisted are contacted.
|Please check vacancy details|
|19 Jul, 19|
|28 Jul, 19|