Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
GESI/PFM expert (National Team Member), Midterm Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s PFMSP
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a GESI/PFM Expert for the upcoming Mid-Term Evaluation for USAID/Nepal’s Public Financial Management Strengthening Project (PFMSP). The purpose of this Mid-term Evaluation of the PFMSP is to:
- Determine whether the activity is on track to accomplish its intended results and recommend course corrections if necessary.
- Assess the extent to which the activity’s interventions are effective and whether the developmental hypothesis and theory of change remain valid.
- Examine whether the activity’s approaches remain relevant given the evolving federal context, and recommend adjustments, if warranted.
- Assess the degree to which there is early evidence of sustained results.
- Determine whether the activity is advancing on the Mission’s GESI policy.
- USAID will use the results of the mid-term evaluation to make necessary course corrections to the activity and to inform future programming decisions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the evaluation team to assess how and to what extent is GESI integrated in the project management, existing GESI gaps and additional scope that exists in terms of advancing GESI.
- Provide GESI lens on issues related to public financial management in Nepal and give inputs accordingly during various stages of evaluation.
- Review key documents for this project.
- Work with evaluation team to develop evaluation methodology to assess how the project has addressed GESI issues as outlined in project documents.
- Support the design and pilot testing of data collection tools in the field.
- Code and analyze qualitative data.
- Lead and support a data collection unit. Gather data through focus group discussions and key informant interviews with PFMSP stakeholders.
- Present findings to the USAID/Nepal Mission, as relevant.
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of evaluation reports.
- Experience working in governance reform, preferably fiscal governance, working with USAID or other donor agencies and government agencies of Nepal.
- Extensive knowledge about the GESI issues especially in fiscal governance in Nepal.
- A minimum of a master’s degree, preferably in social science or in a relevant subject area.
- Significant experience across years as a member of an evaluation or similar research team.
- Knowledgeable on the current reconstruction and rehabilitation activities of National Reconstruction Authority.
- Have good knowledge on local governance and development sustainability.
- Experience leading or serving as a GESI expert in governance/PFM reform sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; writing samples, and three professional references, will be requested.
Interested applicants are requested to go through the above mentioned link and follow the procedure for application.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|29 Mar, 19|
|26 Apr, 19|